Artificial Intelligence in Medicine: Principles and Applications provides a multidisciplinary and comprehensive survey of artificial intelligence concepts and methodologies that have real-life applications in healthcare and medicine. Authored by a senior physician-data scientist, the book presents an intellectual and academic interface between medical and data science domains that is symmetric and balanced. The content consists of basic concepts of artificial intelligence and its real-life applications in a myriad of medical areas, also including medical and surgical subspecialties. The book emphasizes key concepts delineated in each section that are authored by world-renowned experts in their respective key areas.
The goal of the book is to inspire clinicians to embrace artificial intelligence methodologies and educate data scientists about the medical ecosystem to create a transformational paradigm for healthcare and medicine.
- Covers a wide range of relevant topics, from cloud computing, intelligent agents, deep reinforcement learning, and internet of everything
- Includes case studies at the beginning of each chapter to stimulate discussion
- Presents the concepts of artificial intelligence and its applications in an easy-to-understand format that will be accessible to clinicians and data scientists
Clinicians; medical informaticians; data scientists
1. Artificial Intelligence: Basic Concepts
2. The Brain and Artificial Intelligence
3. Brief History of Artificial Intelligence
4. History of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine
5. The Current Era of Artificial Intelligence
6. Deep Learning
7. Other Key Concepts
8. Current Concepts of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine
9. Current Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine
10. Focus on Selected Subspecialties
11. Problems and Potential Solutions
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 3rd February 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Chang attended Johns Hopkins University for his B.A. in molecular biology prior to entering Georgetown University School of Medicine for his MD. He then completed his pediatric residency at Children’s Hospital National Medical Center and his pediatric cardiology fellowship at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. He accepted a position as attending cardiologist in the cardiovascular intensive care unit of Boston Children’s Hospital and as assistant professor at Harvard Medical School. He has been the medical director of several pediatric cardiac intensive care programs (including Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, Miami Children’s Hospital, and Texas Children’s Hospital). He is currently the Chief Intelligence and Innovation Officer and Medical Director of the Heart Failure Program at Children’s Hospital of Orange County. He has also been named a Physician of Excellence by the Orange County Medical Association multiple years.
Chief Intelligence and Innovation Officer, Medical Director, The Sharon Disney Lund Medical Intelligence and Innovation Institute (MI3), Children’s Hospital of Orange County, Computer Scientist in Residence, Chapman University, USA