The Shoulder—a volume in the new Arthritis and Arthroplasty series—offers expert guidance on everything from patient selection and pre-operative planning to surgical approaches and techniques. Clear, evidence-based coverage details which technology and methodology used for total shoulder arthroplasty, reconstruction or revision is best for each patient. Access discussions of debates on total shoulder arthroplasty versus hemiarthroplasty; resurfacing, glenoid bone loss, infection, revision shoulder arthroplasty and more. Explore alternatives to total shoulder arthroplasty in younger arthritic patients and view expertly narrated video demonstrations of surgical techniques. In addition to providing practical, pragmatic advice in a concise, readable format, this Expert Consult title offers the full text of the book, as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates, online at expertconsult.com.
- Access the full text of the book—as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates on outcome data, component materials, and surgical techniques—online at expertconsult.com.
- Features procedural videos—narrated by experts—on the included DVD so you can see how to perform particular techniques.
- Covers reverse shoulder Arthroplasty (RSA), glenoid loosening, soft tissue failure and other hot topics to keep you abreast of the latest developments in the specialty.
- Provides evidence-based, clinically focused guidance on patient selection, pre-operative planning, technical considerations, disease specific options, the management and avoidance of complications, salvage and revision strategies, rehabilitation and more.
- Discusses variations in technique, including soft tissue releases and glenoid exposure, bone grafts, resurfacing or more radical removal of bone, and minimally invasive technique where the exposure is more limited so you can choose which is most effective for each patient.
- Explores alternatives to total shoulder arthropalsty in younger arthritic patients, including partial surface replacements, humeral head resurfacing, hemiarthroplasty, interpositional arthroplasty.
- Includes a review page in every chapter for quick reference to pearls and pitfalls for each topic.
- Presents photographs and interpretive drawings of surgical techniques in full color to bring out intraoperative details as they appear in the operating room.
Part 1: Arthritis and Arthroplasty of Shoulder
Chapter 1. Etiology, Diagnosis and Non-operative Treatment of the Arthritic Shoulder, Erica Taylor and Cato T. Laurencin
Part 2: Surgical Options in Shoulder Arthritis
Chapter 2. Debridement, Chondroplasty and Soft Tissue Releases Emilie V. Cheung and Marc R. Safran
Chapter 3. The Evolution of Total Shoulder Arthroplasty, Peter A. Ugolini and John M. Fenlin
Chapter 4. Partial Surface replacements: Indications, Techniques and Results, Sam Akhavan and Anthony Miniaci
Chapter 5. Humeral Head Resurfacing; Indications, Technique and Results, Stephen A Copeland and Jaikumar G. Relwani
Chapter 6. Hemiarthroplasy for Arthritis
Charles A. Rockwood, Robert M Orfaly
Chapter 7. Interpositional Arthroplasty, Wayne Z. Burkhead, and Sumant G. Krishnan
Chapter 8. Total Shoulder Arthroplasty in Primary Osteoarthritis - Technique and Results,
Christopher C. Dodson, David M. Dines, and Gerald R. Williams
Part 3: Total Shoulder Arthroplasty Technical Considerations
Chapter 9. Soft Tissue Releases and Glenoid Exposure, Frances Cuomo and Danny P Chan
Chapter 10. Glenoid Bone Loss Treated with Bone Grafts, Joseph P. Iannotti and Jason J. Scalise
Chapter 11. The Rotator Cuff Deficient Arthritic Shoulder. Michael J. Angel, David M. Dines, and Cato T. Laurencin
Chapter 12. Rehabilitation after Shoulder Arthroplasty, Martin J. Kelley and Brian G. Leggin
Part 4: Disease Specific Options
Chapter 13. Arthroplasty in Rheumatologic Conditions: Special Considerations, Adam M. Smith and John W. Sperling
Chapter 14. Total Shoulder Arthroplasty or Hemiarthroplasty for Arthritis: Current Trends and Technical Considerations, Matthew D. Williams. T. Bradley Edwards, and Gary M. Gartsman
Chapter 15. Shoulder Arthroplasty in Post
- eBook ISBN: