The Hand, Wrist, and Elbow—a volume in the new Arthritis and Arthroplasty series—offers expert guidance on everything from patient selection and pre-operative planning to surgical approaches and techniques. A. Bobby Chhabra and Jonathan E. Isaacs present clear, evidence-based coverage detailing which technology and methodology is best for each patient. Access discussions of arthrodesis versus arthroplasty; implant options; salvage options; and more. View expertly narrated video demonstrations of surgical techniques. In addition to providing practical, pragmatic advice in a concise, readable format, this Expert Consult title offers the full text of the book, as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates, online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Access the full text of the book—as well as links to PubMed and periodic content updates—online at www.expertconsult.com.
- Provides evidence-based, clinically focused guidance on patient selection, pre-operative planning, surgical approach and techniques, component materials, disease specific options, the management and avoidance of complications, and more.
- Explores alternatives to TJR in younger arthritic patients such as arthroscopy, arthrodesis, osteotomy, and resurfacing.
- Includes a review page in every chapter for quick reference to pearls and pitfalls for each topic.
- Presents photographs and interpretive drawings of surgical techniques in full color to bring out intraoperative details as they appear in the operating room.
- Features procedural videos—narrated by experts—on the included DVD so you can see how to perform particular techniques.
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Division of Hand Surgery, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA