Thoroughly revised edition of this well-known text is prompted by the popularity of the previous edition among both students and practitioners. The revised edition has been endeavoured keeping the key objective of Dr Fernando Arias alive—to provide Obs & Gynae residents, fellows in Maternal–Fetal Medicine, obstetricians, general physicians and interested nurses and medical students with a source of practical information about complications of pregnancy.
• Most of the chapters have been completely re-written.
• A new chapter ‘Impact of Advances in Genetics on Prenatal Diagnosis’ has been added, which does justice to the enormous advances in the field of Prenatal Genetics in the recent years.
• Our understanding of multiple pregnancies has increased considerably. A separate chapter on multiple pregnancy has been added given that multiple pregnancies are at high risk of developing problems and therefore require greater attention.
• An entire section of intrapartum problems has been added, making this a comprehensive Obstetric text.
• The editors have managed to persuade leaders in the field to write for this edition. The chapters are authored by researchers working on the coalface. Their first-hand experience, knowledge, wisdom and hard work are evident in this edition.
- Prenatal Diagnosis of Chromosomal Abnormalities
Asma Khalil, Amy Coates
2. Fetal Dysmorphology
Nirmala Chandrasekharan, Amarnath Bhide
3. Impact of Advances in Genetics on Prenatal Diagnosis
4. Fetal Infections
Francesco D’Antonio, Amarnath Bhide
5. Fetal Growth Restriction
Giorgio Pagani, Amarnath Bhide
6. Early Pregnancy Complications
Parikshit Dahyalal Tank
7. Identification and Antepartum Surveillance of High Risk Pregnancy
Amol P. Pawar, Kaizad R. Damania
8. Preterm Birth
Lilian Alabi-Isama, Austin Ugwumadu
9. Post Term and Prolonged Pregnancy
Avinash Bhatt, Kaizad R. Damania
10. Antepartum Haemorrhage
Vedrana Caric, Amarnath Bhide
11. Venous Thromboembolism in Pregnancy
Gargee Pandit, Kaizad R. Damania
12. Multiple Pregnancy
Tiran Dias, Amarnath Bhide
13. Hypertensive Disorders in Pregnancy
Vandana Bansal, Kaizad R. Damania
14. Haematological Disorders and Red-Cell Alloimmunization in Pregnancy
Ann Koschorke, Michael Egbor, Amarnath Bhide
15. Diabetes in Pregnancy
Gargee Pandit, Kaizad R. Damania
16. Cardiac Disease and Pregnancy
Milind S. Phadke, Vinay R. Jaiswal
17. Other Medical Disorders in Pregnancy
Ameya C. Purandare, Kaizad R. Damania
18. Tropical Diseases in Pregnancy
Shirish N. Daftary
19. Abnormal Labour
Kim Hinshaw, Sara Kenyon
20. Fetal Surveillance in Labour
Rohana Haththotuwa, Muhunthan K, Sabaratnam Arulkumaran
21. Birth Asphyxia
Vikram Sinai Talaulikar, Sabaratnam Arulkumaran
22. Operative Delivery
Hemantha Senanayake, Sabaratnam Arulkumaran
23. Postpartum Haemorrhage
Sadia Muhammad, Edwin Chandraharan
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier India 2014
- 13th October 2014
- Elsevier India
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Consultant in Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics, St. George's Hospital, London, UK Honorary Senior Lecturer, St. George's University of London Scientific Editor, BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology Formerly, Professor and Unit Head, Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity Hospital, Mumbai, India
Sir Dr. S Arulkumaran is Professor and Head of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at St George’s University of London.
Previously the Secretary General and Treasurer to the International Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology for nine years, he is now President-Elect for the federation.
Sir S Arulkumaran is the past President of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of the UK from 2007 and 2010. He is Editor-in-Chief of Best Practice and Research in Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology and author of 245 indexed publications, 24 books and 164 book chapters.
He is the Honorary Fellow of the America, Sri Lankan, South African, Pakistan, Indian, Australian and New Zealand Colleges of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and the Honorary Member of the Canadian, Malaysian, German, Italian and South African Societies.
Sir S Arulkumaran was knighted as Knight Bachelor in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List in June 2009 in recognition of Services to Medicine.
Dr. Kaizad Damania is currently working as consultant, Obstetrics and Gynaecology at N Wadia Maternity Hospital, Mumbai.
Professor Emeritus and Consultant, Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Nowrosjee Wadia Maternity Hospital, Mumbai. Dr. Daftary’s Total Care Clinic, Mumbai.