Aquaporins summarizes the present knowledge in this expanding field of research, starting with the structural analysis of water channel proteins. Subsequent chapters begin with mammalian aquaporins, examining physiology and pathophysiology, analysis of knock-out model animals, and the regulation of aquaporin function. Also covered is the distribution and regulation of aquaporins in plants and the function of water and glycerol channels in microbial systems.
@bul:* Comprehensive treatment of a topical research field
* Authored by world leaders in the field
* Covers structural biology and physiology
* Covers different experimental and biological systems
* Chapters on plant and microbial systems
* Extensive treatment of mammalian physiology and pathophysiology
* Structural analysis excellently illustrated
Graduate students and academic researchers in physiology, pharmacology, neuroscience, biochemistry, and cell biology.