Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
This book discusses the impact of recent superconducting materials research, indicating research goals which appear realistic and, if reached, would enable diverse commercial applications of the new materials.
Materials engineers in the field of superconductors.
- Introduction Purpose and Scope Organization of This Report
- Renewable Sources for Electricity Generation Summary Potential Impacts of HTSCs on Renewable Energy Technologies
- Generators Summary Impact of HTSCs on Generators
- Transformers Summary Potential Application of HTSCs to Power Transformers
- AC Transmission Summary Preliminary Economic Analysis Supplement: Levelized Annual Cost Method
- Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage Summary HTSCs in Diurnal Load-Leveling Superconducting Magnetic Energy Storage
- Motors Summary Potential Application of HTSCs to Motors Supplement: The Potential for High-Temperature Superconducting AC and DC Motors
- Industrial Separations and Material Handling Summary Industrial Applications for HTSCs Potential Application of HTSCs to Magnetic Separations Potential for Magnetic Separation of Gases from Gases Supplement: Estimates for High-Gradient Magnetic Separation of Oxygen from Air
- Magnetic Levitation for Transportation Summary Application of HTSCs to Magnetically Levitated Trains Appendices Appendix A: Economic Assumptions Summary Baseline Assumptions for Preliminary Economic Evaluation of Applications for Superconductivity Appendix B: Superconductor Performance Summary Charge to Authors: Benchmark Performance Parameters for Higher-Temperature Superconductors Addendum 1: Military Research and Development Introduction DoD Superconductivity Accomplishments and Experience DoD Ceramic Processing Accomplishments and Experience Rationale for Program Scope of DSRD DSRD Program Work Statements DSRD Budget Recommendations Addendum 2: Military System Applications Executive Summary Introduction Findings Conclusions Recommendations Appendix
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 1989
- 31st December 1989
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Argonne National Laboratory, IL, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.