Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Genomic Medicine and Public Health Genomics
2. From Genetic Epidemiology to Exposome and Systems Epidemiology
3. Rare Diseases: Genomics and Public Health
4. Applied Genomics and Public Health Cancer Genomics
5. Genomic basis of psychiatric illnesses and response to psychiatric drug treatment modalities
6. Pharmacogenomics and individualized therapy
7. Microbial genomics in Public Health: A translational risk-response aspect
8. Genome informatics pipelines and genome browsers
9. Τranslational tools and databases in Genomic Medicine
10. Genetic Testing
11. Assessing the stakeholder landscape and stance point on Genomic and Personalized Medicine
12. Healthcare professionals’ awareness and understanding of genomics
13. Genethics and Public Health Genomics
14. Legal aspects of Genomic and Personalized Medicine
15. Genomics, The Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence and Society
16. Economic evaluation of Genomic and Personalized Medicine interventions: Implications in Public Health
17. Pricing, budget allocation and reimbursement in Genomic Medicine
18. Genetic counseling
19. Defining genetic testing delivery and promotional strategies for Personalized Medicine
20. Regulatory aspects of Genomic Medicine and Pharmacogenomics
21. Genomic Medicine in emerging economies
Applied Genomics and Public Health examines the interdisciplinary and growing area of how evidence-based genomic knowledge can be applied to public health, population health, healthcare and health policies. The book gathers experts from a variety of disciplines, including life sciences, social sciences, and health care to develop a comprehensive overview of the field. In addition, the book delves into subjects such as pharmacogenomics, genethics, big data, data translation and analysis, economic evaluation, genomic awareness and education, sociology, pricing and reimbursement, policy measures and economic evaluation in genomic medicine.
This book is essential reading for researchers and students exploring applications of genomics to population and public health. In addition, it is ideal for those in the biomedical sciences, medical sociologists, healthcare professionals, nurses, regulatory bodies and health economists interested in learning more about this growing field.
- Explores the growing application of genomics to population and public health
- Features internationally renowned contributors from a variety of related fields
- Contains chapters on important topics such as genomic data sharing, genethics and public health genomics, genomics and sociology, and regulatory aspects of genomic medicine and pharmacogenomics
Public health researchers and students looking to get a greater understanding of applied genomics. Academics from various disciplines, such as medicine and biomedical sciences. Healthcare professionals and nurses, regulatory bodies and health economists will find this book useful
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 1st December 2019
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
George Patrinos is Professor of Pharmacogenomics at the University of Patras School of Health Sciences (Department of Pharmacy) in Patras, Greece with Adjunct positions in Rotterdam, the Netherlands and Al-Ain, United Arab Emirates. His research interests span the fields of pharmacogenomics and personalised medicine, focused on psychiatric diseases and hemoglobinopathies, the implementation of genomics into healthcare, particularly for health systems in developing countries, the development of genomic databases and web-based translational tools for personalised medicine and the application of genomics in public health. George Patrinos has published more than 220 scientific papers in peer reviewed journals on topics related to genetics, genomic medicine, pharmacogenomics, molecular diagnostics, and social and economic evaluation for genomic medicine. He is also the editor of several textbooks published by Elsevier/Academic Press, including the renowned textbook "Molecular Diagnostics", published by Elsevier now in its third edition. He serves as Communicating and Associate Editor for several high impact scientific journals and he is co-organizer of the international meeting series “Golden Helix Conferences”.
Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras School of Health Sciences, Patras, Greece; United Arab Emirates University, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Department of Pathology, Al-Ain, UAE and Erasmus University Medical Center, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Department of Pathology – Bioinformatics Unit, Rotterdam, The Netherlands