Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Introduction to computational methods and the theory of composites
2. Algorithms, computations and structural information
3. Elasticity of hexagonal array of cylinders
4. Random elastic composites with circular inclusions
5. Effective conductivity of fibrous composites with cracks on interface
6. Effective conductivity of a random suspension of highly conducting spherical particles
7. Permeability of porous media
8. Simple fluids, suspensions and selected random systems
Applied Analysis of Composite Media: Analytical and Computational Approaches presents formulas and techniques that can used to study 2D and 3D problems in composites and random porous media. The main strength of this book is its broad range of applications that illustrate how these techniques can be applied to investigate elasticity, viscous flow and bacterial motion in composite materials. In addition to paying attention to constructive computations, the authors have also included information on codes via a designated webpage. This book will be extremely useful for postgraduate students, academic researchers, mathematicians and industry professionals who are working in structured media.
- Provides a uniform, computational methodology that can be applied to the main classes of transport and elastic problems by using a combination of exact formulae, advanced simulations and asymptotic methods
- Includes critical phenomena in transport and elastic problems for composites and porous media
- Applies computational methodology to biological structures
- Presents computer protocols/algorithms that can be used for materials design
Materials scientists and engineers involved in the development of composite materials; applied mathematicians and physicists who develop analytical and numerical methods to model problems of elasticity and fluid mechanics in materials; and researchers working at the interface with biology and materials
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 22nd October 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
P. Drygas, Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Analysis, University of Rzeszow, Poland Research interests: mathematical modelling, differential equation and statistics.
Associate Professor, Department of Mathematical Analysis, University of Rzeszow, Poland
Simon Gluzman is currently an Independent Researcher (Toronto, Canada) and was formerly a Research Associate at PSU in Applied Mathematics, and past Professor of Applied Mathematics, at Bogoliubov Laboratory of Theoretical Physics. His research interests focus on resummation methods in the theory of random and regular composites and the method of self-similar and rational approximants.
Independent Researcher, Toronto, Canada
Vladimir Mityushev is the head of modeling and simulation laboratory at the department of computer science and computational methods at Pedagogical University of Cracow, Kraków, Poland. He is interested in Mathematical modeling and computer simulations, Industrial mathematics and boundary value problems and their applications.
Head of Modeling and Simulation Laboratory, Institute of Computer Science, Pedagogical University, Krakow, Poland
Wojciech Nawalaniec is an Associate Professor in applied mathematics at Pedagogical University of Cracow, Kraków. He is interested in Computational methods, such as symbolic computation, mathematical modeling and algorithms.
Associate Professor, Applied Mathematics, Pedagogical University of Cracow, Krakow, Poland