Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Biodegradable polymer matrix nanocomposites for bone tissue engineering
2. Bone tissue transplantation - a nano approach
3. Electrospun hydrogels composites for bone tissue engineering
4. Fabrication and applications of hydroxyapatite-based nanocomposites coating for bone tissue engineering
5. Magnesium alloys and composites for orthopedic application
6. Multi-walled carbon nanotube nanocomposites for artificial bone grafting
7. Nanocomposite materials for prosthetic devices
8. Nanocomposites for improved orthopaedic and bone tissue engineering applications
9. Nanocomposites for lubricating coating and thin film applications in orthopaedics
10. Tailoring surface properties from nanotubes and anodic layers of titanium for biomedical applications
11. Zirconia - alumina composites for orthopaedic application
12. nanocomposites in total hip joint replacements
13. Nano composites for wound healing, cardiac and liver regeneration
14. Extra cellular matrix (ECM)- a nature based nano-composite
15. Biomimetic principle for development of nanocomposites in tissue engineering
Applications of Nanocomposite Materials in Orthopedics provides a solid understanding of recent developments in the field of nano-composites used in orthopedics. The book covers joint replacement, the load bearing capability of fractured bones, bone soft tissue regeneration, hard tissue replacement, artificial bone grafting, bone repair, bone tissue transplantations, and related topics, thus helping readers understand how to resolve problems associated with bone fracture and orthopedic surgery. A variety of nanocomposite materials are discussed, with their properties and preparation methods given.
- Outlines the use of nanotechnology for bone tissue transplantation
- Describes nanocomposites for bone grafting and artificial bones, also including their properties
- Includes discussions on tissue engineering of bone and tissue regeneration and transplantation
- Describes many composite materials and their preparation methods
Scientists, engineers, industrial experts, Ph.D. students and master students in the fields of biochemical engineering, materials chemistry, the medical industry (dentistry & orthopaedics) and pharmaceutical chemistry
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 1st November 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Inamuddin is Assistant Professor in the Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia as well as permanent faculty member (Assistant Professor) at the Department of Applied Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. His extensive research experience in multidisciplinary fields of Analytical Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, and Electrochemistry and, more specifically, Renewable Energy and Environment. He has published fifty-four edited books and serves as Associate Editor for the journals, Environmental Chemistry Letter, Applied Water Science and Euro-Mediterranean Journal for Environmental Integration, Springer-Nature; Frontiers Section Editor, Current Analytical Chemistry, Bentham Science Publishers, Editorial Board Member, Scientific Reports-Nature, Editor, Eurasian Journal of Analytical Chemistry and Review Editor, Frontiers in Chemistry, Frontiers, U.K. He is also guest editing various special thematic special issues of several journals.
Assistant Professor, Chemistry Department, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Prof. Abdullah M. Asiri is the Head of the Chemistry Department at King Abdulaziz University since October 2009 and he is the founder and the Director of the Center of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research (CEAMR) since 2010 till date. He is the Professor of Organic Photochemistry. His research interest covers color chemistry, synthesis of novel photochromic and thermochromic systems, synthesis of novel coloring matters and dyeing of textiles, materials chemistry, nanochemistry and nanotechnology, polymers and plastics. A major achievement of Prof. Asiri is the discovery of tribochromic compounds, a class of compounds which change from slightly or colorless to deep colored when subjected to small pressure or when grind. This discovery was introduced to the scientific community as a new terminology published by IUPAC in 2000. This discovery was awarded a patent from European Patent office and from UK patent. He is also a member of the Editorial Board of various journals of international repute. He is the Vice- President of Saudi Chemical Society (Western Province Branch). He holds four USA patents, more than 800 Publications in international journals, seven book chapters, and ten books
Director of the Centre of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
Ali Mohammad is Emeritus Professor of Chemistry in the Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. His scientific interests include physico-analytical aspects of solid-state reactions, micellar thin layer chromatography, surfactants analysis, and green chromatography. He is the author or coauthor of 250 scientific publications including research articles, reviews, and book chapters. He has also served as editor of Journal, Chemical and Environmental Research being published from India since 1992 and as the Associate Editor for Analytical Chemistry section of the Journal of Indian Chemical Society. He has been the member of editorial boards of Acta Chromatographica, Acta Universitatis Cibiniensis Seria F. Chemia, Air Pollution, and Annals of Agrarian Science. He has attended as well as chaired sessions in various international and nation conferences. Dr. Mohammad obtained his M.Phil. (1975), Ph.D. (1978), and D.Sc. (1996) degrees from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. He has supervised 53 students for Ph.D./M.Phil. and M.Tech. degrees.
Department of Applied Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.