Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Bioactive glass/glass ceramics for dental applications
2. Calcium fluoride based dental nanocomposites
3. Carbon nanocomposites for implant dentistry and bone tissue engineering
4. Carbon nanotube for dental implants
5. Degradation and failure of dental composite materials
6. Hydroxyapatite composites for dentistry
7. Hydroxyapatite/collagen composite materials for dentistry
8. Nanocomposite restorative materials for dental caries management
9. Nanocomposites and nano-ionomers for orthodontic bracket bonding
10. Nanocomposites: Present, past and future of dentistry
11. Nanotechnology in dentistry
12. Polymer composites for dental fillings
13. Material Selection for Single Tooth Crown Restorations
14. Remineralization and antibacterial capabilities of resin-based dental nanocomposites
15. Titanium based nanocomposite materials for dental implant systems
16. Mechanical stability of dental materials
17. Nano composite for bone and cartilage regeneration
18. Resin composites for restoration of posterior teeth
Applications of Nanocomposite Materials in Dentistry presents the study and developments of nano-composite materials for dental applications. Special emphasis is given to the issues related to dental bone regeneration using various types of nano-composite materials, issues of dental failure, antibacterial properties and dental implants. Topics are systematically arranged so that layman can also understand the fundamentals and applications of dental nanocomposites. The book offers a powerful source of exploration on the preparation, characteristics and specific uses of composites in the fields of applied chemistry and medical sciences.
- Offers an historical overview of composites materials and their dentistry applications
- Outlines the role of nanocomposites and nanotechnology in dentistry
- Discusses the properties of nanocomposites for dental grafting, implants and bone tissues
Scientists, engineers, industrial experts, Ph.D. students and master students in the field of biochemical engineering: materials chemistry and medical industry professionals specializing in dentistry and orthopaedic and pharmaceutical chemistry
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 16th November 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Prof. Abdullah M. Asiri is the Head of the Chemistry Department at King Abdulaziz University since October 2009 and he is the founder and the Director of the Center of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research (CEAMR) since 2010 till date. He is the Professor of Organic Photochemistry. His research interest covers color chemistry, synthesis of novel photochromic and thermochromic systems, synthesis of novel coloring matters and dyeing of textiles, materials chemistry, nanochemistry and nanotechnology, polymers and plastics. A major achievement of Prof. Asiri is the discovery of tribochromic compounds, a class of compounds which change from slightly or colorless to deep colored when subjected to small pressure or when grind. This discovery was introduced to the scientific community as a new terminology published by IUPAC in 2000. This discovery was awarded a patent from European Patent office and from UK patent. He is also a member of the Editorial Board of various journals of international repute. He is the Vice- President of Saudi Chemical Society (Western Province Branch). He holds four USA patents, more than 800 Publications in international journals, seven book chapters, and ten books
Director of the Centre of Excellence for Advanced Materials Research, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
Dr. Inamuddin is currently working as Assistant Professor in the Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He is a permanent faculty member (Assistant Professor) at the Department of Applied Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India.. He has extensive research experience in multidisciplinary fields of Analytical Chemistry, Materials Chemistry, and Electrochemistry and, more specifically, Renewable Energy and Environment. He has worked on different research projects as project fellow and senior research fellow funded by University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Government of India. He has published 86 research articles in international journals of repute and seventeen book chapters in knowledge-based book editions published by renowned international publishers. He has published nineteen edited books with Springer, United Kingdom, Nova Science Publishers, Inc. U.S.A., CRC Press Taylor & Francis Asia Pacific, Trans Tech Publications Ltd., Switzerland and Materials Science Forum, U.S.A. He is the member of various editorial boards of the journals and also serving as associate editor for a journal Environmental Chemistry Letter, Springer Nature.
Assistant Professor, Chemistry Department, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Ali Mohammad is Emeritus Professor of Chemistry in the Department of Applied Chemistry, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. His scientific interests include physico-analytical aspects of solid-state reactions, micellar thin layer chromatography, surfactants analysis, and green chromatography. He is the author or coauthor of 250 scientific publications including research articles, reviews, and book chapters. He has also served as editor of Journal, Chemical and Environmental Research being published from India since 1992 and as the Associate Editor for Analytical Chemistry section of the Journal of Indian Chemical Society. He has been the member of editorial boards of Acta Chromatographica, Acta Universitatis Cibiniensis Seria F. Chemia, Air Pollution, and Annals of Agrarian Science. He has attended as well as chaired sessions in various international and nation conferences. Dr. Mohammad obtained his M.Phil. (1975), Ph.D. (1978), and D.Sc. (1996) degrees from Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India. He has supervised 53 students for Ph.D./M.Phil. and M.Tech. degrees.
Department of Applied Chemistry, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India