Table of Contents
- Biblical Origins and Artistic Demonstrations of Markov Chains - a Humorous Introduction. Chapter 1. Why Write This Book? Chapter 2. Fundamentals of Markov Chains. Markov chains discrete in time and space. Markov chains discrete in space and continuous in time. Markov chains continuous in space and time. Concluding remarks. Artistic ending of the chapter. Chapter 3. Applications of Markov Chains in Chemical Reactions. Modeling the probabilities in chemical reactions. Application and verification of the modeling. Major conclusions and general guidelines for applying the modeling. Application of kinetic models to artistic paintings. Introduction to modeling of chemical reactions. Single step irreversible reaction. Single step reversible reactions. Consecutive irreversible reactions. Consecutive reversible reactions. Parallel reactions single and consecutive irreversible reaction steps. Parallel reactions single and consecutive reversible reaction steps. Chain reactions. Oscillating reactions (55-69). Non-existing reactions with a beautiful progression route. Chapter 4. Applications of Markov Chains in Chemical Reactors. Modeling the probabilities in flow systems. Application of the modeling and general guidelines. Perfectly mixed reactor systems. Plug flow-perfectly mixed reactor systems. Impinging-stream systems. Chapter 5. Applications of Markov Chains in Chemical Processes. Modeling of the probabilities. Application of the modeling and general guidelines. Nomenclature. References.
- No. of pages: 604
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1998
- Published: August 26, 1998
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780444823564
- eBook ISBN: 9780080527390
About the Author
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Applications of Markov Chains in Chemical Engineering"