2. Detailed explanation of Control Volume based Finite Element Method (CVFEM)
3. Application of CVFEM for incompressible fluid flow and heat transfer and sample code
4. Nanofluid free convection heat transfer by means of CVFEM
5. Nanofluid forced and mixed convection heat transfer by means of CVFEM
6. Nanofluid thermal radiation heat transfer by means of CVFEM
7. Effect of electric field on nanofluid flow and heat transfer by means of CVFEM
8. Effect of constant magnetic field on nanofluid flow and heat transfer by means of CVFEM
9. Effect of non-uniform magnetic field on nanofluid flow and heat transfer by means of CVFEM
10. Darcy law for nanofluid hydrothermal behaviour in porous media by means of CVFEM
11. Non-Darcy model for nanofluid flow and heat transfer in porous media by means of CVFEM
12. Effect of melting heat transfer on nanofluid flow by means of CVFEM
Application of Control Volume Based Finite Element Method (CVFEM) for Nanofluid Flow and Heat Transfer discusses this powerful numerical method that uses the advantages of both finite volume and finite element methods for the simulation of multi-physics problems in complex geometries, along with its applications in heat transfer and nanofluid flow. The book applies these methods to solve various applications of nanofluid in heat transfer enhancement. Topics covered include magnetohydrodynamic flow, electrohydrodynamic flow and heat transfer, melting heat transfer, and nanofluid flow in porous media, all of which are demonstrated with case studies.
This is an important research reference that will help readers understand the principles and applications of this novel method for the analysis of nanofluid behavior in a range of external forces.
- Explains governing equations for nanofluid as working fluid
- Includes several CVFEM codes for use in nanofluid flow analysis
- Shows how external forces such as electric fields and magnetic field effects nanofluid flow
Materials scientists, physicists, mathematicians and information scientists analyzing the performance of nanolfuid flow
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 14th September 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Mohsen Sheikholeslami works at the Babol Noshirvani University of Technology’s Department of Mechanical Engineering, Iran. His research interests include Computational Fluid Dynamics, nanofluid simulation, mesoscopic modeling of fluid, nonlinear science, magnetohydrodynamics, ferrohydrodynamics, and electrohydrodynamics. He authored several papers and books across various areas of mechanical engineering. He was selected as a Web of Science Highly Cited Researcher (Top 0.01%) in 2016 and 2017. He is also the author of the books Applications of Nanofluid for Heat Transfer Enhancement; Application of Semi-Analytical Methods for Nanofluid Flow and Heat Transfer; Hydrothermal Analysis in Engineering Using Control Volume Finite Element Method; and External Magnetic Field Effects on Hydrothermal Treatment of Nanofluid, all published by Elsevier.
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Babol Noshirvani University of Technology, Babol, Iran