Apoptosis provides a current and comprehensive collection of methods for the study of cell death. Using a diverse range of technical approaches and model systems, the chapters in this volume cover topics from the cellular and organismal to the molecular and anatomical. The methods are illustrated with user-friendly recipes and over 100 tables, halftones, and diagrams.
- Current methodologies for studying cell death
- Wide range of model systems
- Molecular, biochemical, cellular, and genetic approaches
- Complements the original Cell Death volume
- Up-to-date methodology for a fast moving field
- Designed with the needs of both basic scientists and clinicians in mind
- Authors are leaders in their respective fields
Researchers and graduate students in cell biology, developmental biology, neuroscience, and molecular biology. Academic and research libraries, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and private research facilities.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2001
- 21st May 2001
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Praise for the First Edition "This is a high quality book and should be useful for several years to come. (It is) a very useful book that should be in every research library. The research effort investigating PCD is growing at a very rapid rate and this book is a timely addition to this important research area. (I rate it at) five out of five stars." --DOODY'S JOURNAL
University of Massachusetts, Department of Biology, Amherst, U.S.A.
Laboratory of Immune Cell Biology, Maryland, U.S.A.