For years, Anthony's Textbook of Anatomy & Physiology has been known for its unbeatable student-friendly writing style and "big picture" approach to A&P. And now, with a visually oriented design and an exceptional array of electronic resources to explain how the body works, the new 19th edition helps students GET A&P like no other textbook.
- UNIQUE! Body systems are broken down into separate chapters for anatomy and physiology to improve comprehension.
- UNIQUE! A comprehensive color key unifies the art of the book with consistent color for cellular and chemical structures, and more.
- UNIQUE! Uses unifying themes such as the Big Picture and Cycle of Life sections to help you see the interrelation of body systems and how their structure and function changes in relation to age and development.
- Quick Check questions reinforce learning with content review of major sections within the chapters.
- Detailed, end-of-chapter summaries outline essential information to help you organize your studies.
- Both critical thinking and content review questions for each chapter help you know how well you have mastered important concepts while also challenging your reasoning skills.
UNIT ONE: The Body as a Whole
Introduction: Seeing the Big Picture
1 Organization of the Body
2 The Chemical Basis of Life
3 Anatomy of Cells
4 Physiology of Cells
UNIT TWO: Support and Movement
6 Skin and its Appendages
7 Skeletal Tissues
8 Skeletal System
10 Anatomy of the Muscular System
11 Physiology of the Muscular System
UNIT THREE: Communication, Control, and Integration
12 Nervous System Cells
13 Central Nervous System
14 Peripheral Nervous System
15 Sense Organs
16 Endocrine System
UNIT FOUR: Transportation and Defense
18 Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System
19 Physiology of the Cardiovascular System
20 Lymphatic System
21 Immune System
UNIT FIVE: Respiration, Nutrition, and Excretion
23 Anatomy of the Respiratory System
24 Physiology of the Respiratory System
25 Anatomy of the Digestive System
26 Physiology of the Respiratory System
27 Nutrition and Metabolism
28 The Urinary System
29 Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
30 Acid-Base Balance
UNIT SIX: Reproduction and Development
31 Male Reproductive System
32 Female Reproductive System
33 Growth and Development
34 Genetics and Heredity
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO
Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI