- Print ISBN 9780323096003
- Electronic ISBN 9780323291477
- Creative, dynamic design with over 1400 full-color photographs and drawings, plus a comprehensive color key, illustrates the most current scientific knowledge and makes the information more accessible.
- UNIQUE! Consistent, unifying themes in each chapter such as the Big Picture and Cycle of Life sections tie your learning together and make anatomical concepts relevant.
- UNIQUE! Body system chapters have been broken down into separate chapters to help you learn material in smaller pieces.
- UNIQUE! A&P Connect guides you to the Evolve site where you can learn more about related topics such as disease states, health professions, and more.
- Quick Guide to the Language of Science and Medicine contains medical terminology, scientific terms, pronunciations, definitions, and word part breakdowns for key concepts.
- Brief Atlas of the Human of the Human Body contains more than 100 full-color supplemental photographs of the human body, including surface and internal anatomy.
UNIT ONE: The Body as a Whole
Introduction: Seeing the Big Picture
1. Organization of the Body
2. The Chemical Basis of Life
3. Anatomy of Cells
4. Physiology of Cells
5. Cell Reproduction
UNIT TWO: Support and Movement
7. Skin and its Appendages
8. Skeletal Tissues
9. Skeletal System
11. Anatomy of the Muscular System
12. Physiology of the Muscular System
UNIT THREE: Communication, Control, and Integration
13. Nervous System Cells
14. Central Nervous System
15. Peripheral Nervous System
16. Autonomic Nervous System
17. Sense Organs
18. Endocrine Regulation
19. Endocrine Glands
UNIT FOUR: Transportation and Defense
21. Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System
22. Physiology of the Cardiovascular System
23. Lymphatic System
24. Immune System
UNIT FIVE: Transportation and Defense
26. Anatomy of the Respiratory System
27. Physiology of the Respiratory System
28. Anatomy of the Digestive System
29. Physiology of the Respiratory System
- No. of pages:
- © 2013
- 15th March 2012
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: