One of the more difficult problems facing chemists today is that of "keeping up with the literature." Thus, an organized annual review of synthetically useful information would prove beneficial to nearly all organic chemists, both specialists and non-specialists in synthesis. Weintraub et al. are very successful in creating such an original review.
@introbul:Key Features @bul:* Provides clearly illustrated structures of compounds in every feasible synthetic pathway
- Presents a general review of structure/activity information for each synthetic compound
- Includes extensive reference information on additional publications available for each reaction discussed
- Yields a current awareness of the literature, ideas for research, and questions for cumulative exams
- Highlights papers dealing with asymmetric syntheses
- Remains the most comprehensive, reasonably priced compilation of its type
Organic, medicinal, and polymer chemists in academia and industry.
Carbon-Carbon Bond Forming Reactions. Oxidations. Reductions. Synthesis of Heterocycles. Protecting Groups. Useful Synthetic Preparations. Reviews. Selected Topical Areas. Author Index.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 1999
- 23rd August 1999
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
@from:Praise for the Series @qu:"This information will be useful to nearly all organic chemists, both specialists and nonspecialists in synthesis. The topics covered include carbon - carbon bond forming reactions, oxidation - reductions, synthesis of heterocycles, protecting groups, and useful synthetic preparations." @source:--BIOSIS @qu:"aid to the harassed organic chemist who cannot keep up with the never-diminishing stream of new primary literature... an outstandingly good buy." @source:--THE JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY