Developed as a companion text to the 3rd Edition of the heralded Rheumatology, by Hochberg et al., this state-of-the-art reference presents today's understanding of the spondylarthropathies. You'll find thorough examinations of the innovative, new treatments that challenge older concepts of treatment and management of the disease. Noted experts in the field also present the latest concepts in early diagnosis using advanced imaging techniques cutting-edge knowledge of the pathogenetic and epidemiologic features essential new developments in immunology * and the most recent understanding of the socio-demographic impact of the disease.
- Describes innovative treatment and management options that enable you to provide patients with substantial reduction in pain, morbidity, and the more dire consequences of the disease.
- Facilitates rapid reference to the disease's physical manifestations through comprehensive coverage of its clinical aspects.
- Allows you to determine the efficacy of biological agents based on the latest insights on new therapies, including anti-TNF.
- Assesses the benefits and limitations of available imaging modalities in the diagnosis and management of spondylarthropathies.
A. Epidemiology and Diagnosis
1. Historical Aspects of the Disease
2. Diagnosis and the Establishment of Criteria
3. Natural History of the Disease and its Prognosis
4. Socioeconomic Aspects of the Disease
5. Psoriatic Arthritis- Diagnosis, Natural History and Prognosis
B. Pathogenetic Mechanisms and Genetics
1. The Pathogenesis of the Disease
2. Genetics of the Disease
3. Animal Models and Implications for Therapy
4. The Gut and the Spondyloarthropathies
C. Clinical Aspects of the Disease
1. The Spinal Manifestations of the Disease
2. The Extra-spinal Manifestations of the Disease
3. Juvenile AS
4. The Eye and the Disease
5. Inflammatory Bowel Disease and the Spondyloarthropathies
6. The Skin and the Spondyloarthropathies
7. Measurements of Disease Activity and Disease Severity
D. Treatment of the Disease
1. Traditional Treatments Prior to Biologics
2. Biologic Treatment of the Disease
3. Physiotherapy as Management of Patients with the Disease
4. Biologic Treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis
5. Treatment of the Eye Disease
E. Imaging of the Spondyloarthropathies
1. Traditional X-Rays and X-Ray Outcomes
2. MRI Evaluation for Diagnosis, Disease Activity and Outcome
3. Scoring Systems for Clinical Trials and Outcomes
F. Assessment of Function, Disease Activity and Quality of Life in the Spondyloarthropathies
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2006
- 24th February 2006
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN: