Anatomy of Orofacial Structures: A Comprehensive Approach, 8th Edition, gives you a clear understanding of oral histology and embryology, dental anatomy, and head and neck anatomy – all in a single resource. With new clinical content, a new chapter on the anatomy of local anesthesia, and an outstanding new full-color art program, this new edition is perfect for anyone studying to be a Dental Assistant or a Dental Hygienist. In addition, it offers the benefits of a combined text and student workbook, with review questions and unit tests, as well as detachable flashcards for on-the-go study – making this one product a complete learning package.
- Comprehensive coverage of all areas of dental sciences includes oral histology and embryology, dental anatomy, and head and neck anatomy.
- Updated, detailed anatomical illustrations support the material, including labeled line drawings, radiographs, and clinical photographs.
- Text/Workbook format includes a perforated workbook section with chapter-by-chapter questions.
- Removable flashcards feature an image of a tooth on one side and that tooth’s identifying/important information on the other side, providing an easy and effective study tool.
UNIT I: INTRODUCTION
1. Oral Cavity
Unit I Test
Unit I Suggested Readings
UNIT II: DENTAL ANATOMY
2. The Tooth Functions
3. Fundamental and Preventative Curvatures
5. Development, Form, and Eruption
7. Dental Anomalies
8. Supporting Structures
9. Clinical Considerations
10. Tooth Identification
11. Root Morphology
16. Deciduous Dentition
Unit II Test
Unit II Suggested Readings
UNIT III: ORAL HISTOLOGY AND EMBRYOLOGY
17. Basic Tissues
18. Development of Orofacial Complex
19. Dental Lamina and Enamel Organ
20. Enamel, Dentin, and Pulp
21. Root Formation and Attachment Apparatus
22. Eruption and Shedding of Teeth
23. Oral Mucous Membrane
24. The Tongue
25. Histology of the Salivary Glands
Unit III Test
Unit III Suggested Readings
UNIT IV: HEAD AND NECK ANATOMY
26. Osteology of the Skull
27. Nose, Nasal Cavity, and Paranasal Sinuses
28. Muscles of Mastication, Hyoid Muscles, and Sternocleidomastoid and Trapezius Muscles
29. Temporomandibular Joint
30. Muscles of Facial Expression
31. Soft Palate and Pharynx
32. Arterial Supply and Venous Drainage
33. Salivary Glands
34. Nervous System
35. Lymphatics and Spread of Dental Infection
36. NEW! Anatomical Considerations in Local Anesthesia Administration
Unit IV Test
Unit IV Suggested Readings
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2019
- 7th February 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Longtime dental educators, now retired from teaching. Richard Brand was the recipient of two awards at Washington University: the Dental Alumni Association Faculty Service Award in 1991 and the Dental Alumni Association President’s Award in 2007
Professor Emeritus, Washington University School of Medicine, Saint Louis, MO
Longtime dental educators,Donald Isselhard was the recipient of the Missouri Academy of General Dentistry’s Dentist of the Year in 2013.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.