This title is now available under ISBN 9780702051845.
Anatomy & Physiology for Midwives 3rd edition builds on the success of the first two editions with electronic ancillaries, more accessible, woman-centred language and strengthened links with good practice. The book provides a thorough review of anatomy and physiology applicable to midwifery, from first principles through to current research, utilizing case studies for reflection. A comprehensive and well-illustrated textbook that is an essential purchase for all students of midwifery.
1. Introduction to Physiology
2. The Reproductive and Urinary Systems
4. Reproductive Cycles
5. Sexual Differentiation and Behaviour
7. Overview of Human Genetics and Genetic Disorders
8. The Placenta
9. Embryo Development and Fetal Growth
10. Overview of Immunology
11. Physiological Adaptation to Pregnancy
12. Maternal Nutrition and Health
13. Physiology of Parturition
14. The Puerperium
15. The Transition to Neonatal Life
16. Lactation and Infant Nutrition