UNIT ONE: The Body as a Whole
Introduction Seeing the Big Picture
1. Organization of the Body
2. The Chemical Basis of Life
3. Anatomy of Cells
4. Physiology of Cells
5. Cell Reproduction
UNIT TWO: Support and Movement
7. Skin and its Appendages
8. Skeletal Tissues
9. Skeletal System
11. Anatomy of the Muscular System
12. Physiology of the Muscular System
UNIT THREE: Communication, Control, and Integration
13. Nervous System Cells
14. Central Nervous System
15. Peripheral Nervous System
16. Autonomic Nervous System
17. Sense Organs
18. Endocrine Regulation
19. Endocrine Glands
UNIT FOUR: Transportation and Defense
21. Anatomy of the Cardiovascular System
22. Physiology of the Cardiovascular System
23. Lymphatic System
24. Immune System
UNIT FIVE: Transportation and Defense
26. Anatomy of the Respiratory System
27. Physiology of the Respiratory System
28. Anatomy of the Digestive System
29. Physiology of the Respiratory System
30. Nutrition and Metabolism
31. The Urinary System
32. Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
33. Acid-Base Balance
UNIT SIX: Reproduction and Development
34. Male Reproductive System
35. Female Reproductive System
36. Growth and Development
37. Genetics and Heredity
Get some extra help mastering core terms, concepts and processes related to the anatomy and physiology of the human body with this comprehensive study guide! This guide provides a variety of chapter exercises and questions — including multiple choice, true or false, labeling, matching, application questions, crossword puzzles, and more — to help you apply concepts and test your A&P knowledge.
- Brief synopses of the core concepts at the start of each chapter provide a quick review of essential content.
- Crossword puzzle activities encourage the use of new vocabulary words and emphasize the proper spelling of terms.
- Application questions promote critical thinking and making judgments based on content already learned.
- One Last Quick Check exercises at the end of each chapter provide a final review of concepts that should be mastered.
- Diagrams and labeling exercises include key features marked by numbers for identification.
- Matching, fill-in-the-blank, multiple choice, true/false and identification exercises for each chapter reinforce your understanding of chapter content.
- Answers to exercises are found in the back of the guide, along with references to the appropriate textbook page.
- eBook ISBN:
Professor of Life Science, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, MO, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction (adjunct), New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, NY, Emeritus Assistant Professor of Physiology, Saint Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, MO
Chancellor Emeritus and Professor Emeritus of Biology, University of Wisconsin, River Falls, River Falls, WI