Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Analytical Solutions for Extremal Space Trajectories presents an overall treatment of the general optimal control problem, in particular, the Mayer’s variational problem, with necessary and sufficient conditions of optimality. It also provides a detailed derivation of the analytical solutions of these problems for thrust arcs for the Newtonian, linear central and uniform gravitational fields. These solutions are then used to analytically synthesize the extremal and optimal trajectories for the design of various orbital transfer and powered descent and landing maneuvers. Many numerical examples utilizing the proposed analytical synthesis of the space trajectories and comparison analyses with numerically integrated solutions are provided.
This book will be helpful for engineers and researchers of industrial and government organizations, and is also a great resource for university faculty and graduate and undergraduate students working, specializing or majoring in the fields of aerospace engineering, applied celestial mechanics, and guidance, navigation and control technologies, applied mathematics and analytical dynamics, and avionics software design and development.
- Features an analyses of Pontryagin extremals and/or Pontryagin minimum in the context of space trajectory design
- Presents the general methodology of an analytical synthesis of the extremal and optimal trajectories for the design of various orbital transfer and powered descent and landing maneuvers
- Assists in developing the optimal control theory for applications in aerospace technology and space mission design
Engineers and researchers of industrial and government organizations; University faculty and graduate and undergraduate students working, specializing or majoring in the fields of aerospace engineering, applied celestial mechanics, and guidance, navigation and control technologies, applied mathematics and analytical dynamics as well as avionics software design and development
2. Optimal and Extremal Trajectories
3. Motion with Constant Power and Variable Specific Impulse
4. Motion with Variable Power and Constant Specific Impulse
5. Motion with Constant Power and Constant Specific Impulse
6. Extremal Trajectories in a Linear Central Field
7. Extremal Trajectories in a Uniform Gravity Field
8. Number of Thrust Arcs for Extremal Orbital Transfers
9. Some Problems of Trajectory Synthesis in the Newtonian Field
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 2018
- 30th August 2017
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dilmurat Azimov has nearly 25 years of experience in the areas of space trajectory optimization, guidance, navigation and control of flight vehicles, and orbit determination using observations. His expertise includes derivation of the analytical solutions for optimal control problems, and their application in mission design and development and implementation of guidance, control and targeting schemes.
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.