Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part 1. Introduction To Analytical Pyrolysis Applied To Polymer Characterization
1. Overview of organic synthetic macromolecules
2. Thermal decomposition of polymers
3. Review of analytical pyrolysis instrumentation
4. Information generated from analytical pyrolysis studies
5. Selected applications of analytical pyrolysis in the study of synthetic polymers
Part 2. Analytical Pyrolysis Of Different Classes Of Polymers
6. Polymers with saturated carbon chain backbone
7. Polymers with unsaturated carbon chain backbone
8. Polymers with aromatic hydrocarbon backbone
9. Polymers containing ether groups in the backbone
10. Polymers containing ester groups in the backbone
11. Polycarbonates and polyanhydrides
12. Poly(sulfides) and poly(sulfones)
13. Poly(imines), urea thermosetting resins, poly(amides), and poly(imides)
14. Poly(urethanes) and poly(ureas)
15. Polymers containing heterocycles in the backbone
16. Poly(siloxanes) and other silicon containing polymers
17. Polymers containing phosphorus in the backbone
Analytical Pyrolysis of Synthetic Organic Polymers is a follow-up to Analytical Pyrolysis of Natural Organic Polymers, which is volume 20 of the series. The main focus of the book is on practical applications of analytical pyrolysis in synthetic organic polymer identification and characterization.
The first part of the book has five chapters including an introduction, a discussion on physico-chemistry of thermal degradation of synthetic polymers and on instrumentation used in analytical pyrolysis, a chapter discussing what type of information can be obtained from analytical pyrolysis, and a chapter dedicated to the analysis and characterization of synthetic polymers.
The second part systematically covers the analytical pyrolysis of various classes of synthetic polymers. Some theoretical background for the understanding of polymer structure using analytical pyrolysis is also discussed.
- Includes broad coverage of organic synthetic macromolecules
* Focuses on physico-chemistry of thermal degradation, and the analytical pyrolysis of various classes of synthetic polymers
* Is well written and suitable for both researchers and chemists working in analytical chemistry or in synthetic polymers
Researchers and chemists working in the field of synthetic polymers and analytical chemistry.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2005
- 20th January 2005
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Serban C. Moldoveanu is Senior Principal Scientist at R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company. His research activity is focused on various aspects of chromatography including method development for the analysis by GC/MS, HPLC, and LC/MS/MS of natural products and cigarette smoke. He has also performed research on pyrolysis of a variety of polymers and small molecules. He has over 100 publications in peer reviewed journals, eleven books, and several chapter contributions. He is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry.
Senior Principal Scientist, RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co., Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.