Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- General Information about Pyrolysis
2. Analytical Pyrolysis of Polyterpenes
3. Analytical Pyrolysis of Polymeric Carbohydrates
4. Analytical Pyrolysis of Polymeric Materials with Lipid Moieties
5. Analytical Pyrolysis of Lignins
6. Analytical Pyrolysis of Polymeric Tannins
7. Analytical Pyrolysis of Caramel Colors and of Maillard Browning Polymers
8. Analytical Pyrolysis of Proteins
9. Nucleic Acids
10. Analytical Pyrolysis of Several Organic Geopolymers
11. Analytical Pyrolysis of Other Natural Organic Polymers
12. Analytical Pyrolysis of Plant Materials
13. Analytical Pyrolysis of Microorganisms
14. Other Applications of Analytical Pyrolysis
Analytical Pyrolysis of Natural Organic Polymers, Second Edition, Volume 20 describes the methodology of analytical pyrolysis, the results of pyrolysis for a variety of biopolymers, and several practical applications of analytical pyrolysis on natural organic polymers and their composite materials. The book describes the results of pyrolysis for biopolymers and some chemically modified natural organic polymers. In addition, the many applications of analytical pyrolysis are covered in detail, including topics such as polymer detection used in forensic science, structure elucidation of specific polymers, and identification of small molecules present in polymers (anti-oxidants, plasticizers, etc.).
- Assembles all essential information on the pyrolysis of natural polymers in one volume, together with the techniques and instrumentation used
- Covers advances and developments over the last 20 years, including discussions on the many different types of apparatus commercially available
- Includes reference lists in every chapter to guide readers on a path to further study
Chemists and chemical engineers interested in processes related to pyrolysis. Toxicologists and environmental scientists. Graduate students studying chemistry, industrial chemistry, wood chemistry, forensic chemistry, toxicology
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2021
- 1st September 2020
- Elsevier Science
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Serban C. Moldoveanu is Sr. Principal Scientist at R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. His research activity is focused on various aspects of chromatography including method development for the analysis by GC/MS, HPLC, and LC/MS/MS of natural products and cigarette smoke. He also performed research on pyrolysis of a variety of polymers and small molecules. He has over 130 publications in peer reviewed journals, 12 books, and several chapter contributions. He is a member of the editorial board of the Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry.
RJ Reynolds Tobacco Co., Winston-Salem, NC, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.