Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Analysis of Cosmetic Products, Second Edition advises the reader from an analytical chemistry perspective on the choice of suitable analytical methods for production monitoring and quality control of cosmetic products. This book helps professionals working in the cosmetic industry or in research laboratories select appropriate analytical procedures for production, maintain in-market quality control of cosmetic products and plan for the appropriate types of biomedical and environmental testing. This updated and expanded second edition covers fundamental concepts relating to cosmetic products, current global legislation, the latest analytical methods for monitoring and quality control, characterization of nanomaterials and other new active ingredients, and an introduction to green cosmetic chemistry.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of the specific analytical procedures for different analytes and cosmetic samples
- Includes information on the biomonitoring of cosmetic ingredients in the human body and the environment
- Describes the most recent developments in global legislation governing the cosmetics industry
- Introduces green technologies and the use of nanomaterials in the development and analysis of cosmetic ingredients
Analytical chemists, scientists working in the cosmetics/personal care products industry; graduate-level students in related areas; legislators
General Concepts and Cosmetic Legislation on Cosmetic Products
1. General Concepts: Current Legislation on Cosmetics in Different Countries
2. Specific Legislation on Cosmetic Ingredients in Different Countries
E.F. González Abellán
Analytical Methods for Monitoring Ingredients and Quality Control of Cosmetics Products
3. Selection of a Method in Cosmetic Analysis from Bibliographic Resources
J.G. March, A. Salvador, and A. Chisvert
4. General Review on Official Methods of Analysis for Cosmetics
5. UV Filters in Cosmetics: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
A. Chisvert and A. Salvador
6. Tanning and Whitening Agents in Cosmetics: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
A. Chisvert, A. Salvador, J.L. Benedé, and P. Miralles
7. Colouring Agents in Cosmetics: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
A. Weisz, S.R. Milstein, A.L. Scher, and N.M. Hepp
8. Hair Dyes in Cosmetics: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
A. Chisvert, A. Salvador, and P. Miralles
9. Preservatives in Cosmetics: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
C. Garcia-Jares, M. Llompart, and M. Lores
10. Perfumes and Related Substances in Cosmetics: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
A. Chisvert, M. Lopez-Nogueroles, A. Salvador, and P. Miralles
11. Allergenic Fragrance-Related Substances in Cosmetics: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
A. Chisvert, A. Salvador, P. Miralles
12. Surfactants in Cosmetics: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
M.C. Prieto-Blanco, M. Fernández-Amado, P. López-Mahía, S. Muniategui-Lorenzo, D. Prada Rodríguez
13. Nanomaterials in Cosmetics: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
D. Bowman, N. May, and A. Maynard
14. Other Actives in Cosmetics: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
P. Cuadrado, A. Chisvert, and P. Miralles
15. Green Cosmetic Ingredients: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
16. Main Chemical Contaminants in Cosmetics: Regulatory Aspects and Analytical Methods
I. Lavilla, N. Cabaleiro, and C. Bendicho
Analytical Methods for Monitoring of Cosmetic Ingredients in Biomedical and Environmental Studies
17. Human Biomonitoring of Cosmetic Ingredients
18. Environmental Monitoring of Cosmetic Ingredients
D. L. Giokas, A. Chisvert, A. Salvador, and J.L. Benedé
Safety Evaluation of Cosmetic Products
19. Safety Evaluation of Cosmetics
O. Díez-Sales, A. Nacher, V. Merino. M.Merino
20. Microbiological Quality
G.A. March, J.M. Eiros, M.A. Bratos, R. Ortiz, and M.C. Garcia-Loygorri
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2018
- 17th November 2017
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Amparo Salvador is a Professor in the Department of Analytical Chemistry and heads the Research Group for the Analytical Control of Cosmetic Products at the University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain. She has authored more than 170 scientific publications and is an expert in a number of analytical technologies, including atomic and molecular spectroscopy, flow injection techniques, chromatography, sample preparation methods, and green analytical procedures.
Professor, Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Alberto Chisvert is an Associate Professor in the Department of Analytical Chemistry at the University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain. Prof. Chisvert is the lead research supervisor within the Research Group for the Analytical Control of Cosmetic Products. His primary areas of interest are liquid and gas chromatography coupled to mass spectrometry, liquid-phase and solid phase microextraction techniques, bioanalysis, and cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and environmental analysis. With co-author Amparo Salvador, he has written more than 70 publications specifically related to the analysis of cosmetic products and has conducted four major research projects for the Spanish Ministry of Science. He is a member of a committee for the standardization of analytical methods for cosmetic products which provides advisory recommendations to the Spanish Association for Standardization and Certification, the National Association of Perfumes and Cosmetics (Spain), the European Committee of Standardization, and the International Organization for Standardization.
Associate Professor, Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.