Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Stability of plates: Analytic solutions
2. Buckling of shear deformable plates subjected to variable in-plane forces
3. Hencky bar net model for buckling analysis of rectangular plates
4. Finite element formulation for plate stability analysis
5. Developments on the GBT-based stability analysis of thin-walled members and structural systems
6. Finite strip methods of stability analysis of thin-walled sections with applications to the direct strength method (DSM) of design
7. Lateral buckling of tapered steel members
8. Plastic buckling of plates
9. Mechanical and thermal buckling of functionally graded and sandwich plates
10. Thermal buckling and post buckling of laminated plates
11. Local and interaction buckling of composite construction members
12. Analysing the strength and ductility of plated structures
13. Concrete-filled steel box columns
14. Design of Sheathing Bracing Systems for Cold-formed Steel Wall Assemblies
15. Stability of above ground storage tanks subjected to wind loading
16. Behaviour analysis and design of light gauge steel members
17. Structural behaviour of welded sections made of high strength S690 steel plates and their applications in construction
18. Stability design of cold formed steel pallet racks
19. Analysis of corrugated web plates in bridge structures
20. Stability research into the design of curved steel bridges
Analysis and Design of Plated Structures: Stability, Second Edition covers the latest developments in new plate solutions and structural models for plate analysis. Completely revised and updated by its distinguished editors and international team of contributors, this edition also contains new chapters on GBT-based stability analysis and the finite strip and direct strength method (DSM). Other sections comprehensively cover bracing systems, storage tanks under wind loading, the analysis and design of light gauge steel members, applications of high strength steel members, cold-formed steel pallet racks, and the design of curved steel bridges.
This is a comprehensive reference for graduate students, researchers and practicing engineers in the fields of civil, structural, aerospace, mechanical, automotive and marine engineering.
- Features new chapters on the stability behavior of composite plates such as laminated composite, functionally graded, and steel concrete composite plate structures
- Includes newly developed numerical simulation methods and new plate models
- Provides generalized beam theory for analyzing thin-walled structures
Researchers, engineers and advanced university students in structural engineering, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, marine and ocean structures
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2021
- 1st September 2021
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
N. E. Shanmugam is Professor of Civil Engineering at Universiti Kebangsaan, Malaysia. N. E. Shanmugam has published widely in the area of plated structures.
Professor of Civil Engineering, Universiti Kebangsaan, Malaysia
C. M. Wang is Professor of Engineeering Science and Civil Engineering at the National University of Singapore.
Professor of Engineeering Science and Civil Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.