- This is an introductory treatise on wavelet analysis, with an emphasis on spline-wavelets and time-frequency analysis
- This monograph is self-contained, the only prerequisite being a basic knowledge of function theory and real analysis
- Suitable as a textbook for a beginning course on wavelet analysis
Table of Contents
- An Overview: From Fourier Analysis to Wavelet Analysis. The Integral Wavelet Transform and Time-Frequency Analysis. Inversion Formulas and Duals. Classification of Wavelets. Multiresolution Analysis, Splines, and Wavelets. Wavelet Decompositions and Reconstructions. Fourier Analysis: Fourier and Inverse Fourier Transforms. Continuous-Time Convolution and the Delta Function. Fourier Transform of Square-Integrable Functions. Fourier Series. Basic Convergence Theory and Poisson's Summation Formula. Wavelet Transforms and Time-Frequency Analysis: The Gabor Transform. Short-Time Fourier Transforms and the Uncertainty Principle. The Integral Wavelet Transform. Dyadic Wavelets and Inversions. Frames. Wavelet Series. Cardinal Spline Analysis: Cardinal Spline Spaces. B-Splines and Their Basic Properties. The Two-Scale Relation and an Interpolatory Graphical Display Algorithm. B-Net Representations and Computation of Cardinal Splines. Construction of Spline Approximation Formulas. Construction of Spline Interpolation Formulas. Scaling Functions and Wavelets: Multiresolution Analysis. Scaling Functions with Finite Two-Scale Relations. Direct-Sum Decompositions of L2(R). Wavelets and Their Duals. Linear-Phase Filtering. Compactly Supported Wavelets. Cardinal Spline-Wavelets: Interpolaratory Spline-Wavelets. Compactly Supported Spline-Wavelets. Computation of Cardinal Spline-Wavelets. Euler-Frobenius Polynomials. Error Analysis in Spline-Wavelet Decomposition. Total Positivity, Complete Oscillation, Zero-Crossings. Orthogonal Wavelets and Wavelet Packets: Examples of Orthogonal Wavelets. Identification of Orthogonal Two-Scale Symbols. Construction of Compactly Supported Orthogonal Wavelets. Orthogonal Wavelet Packets. Orthogonal Decomposition of Wavelet Series. Notes. References. Subject Index. Appendix.
- No. of pages: 266
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 1992
- Published: January 3, 1992
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780121745844
- eBook ISBN: 9780080499062
About the Editor
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "An Introduction to Wavelets"