Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
One of the few textbooks in the field, this volume deals with several aspects of the dynamics of colloids. A self-contained treatise, it fills the gap between research literature and existing books for graduate students and researchers. For readers with a background in chemistry, the first chapter contains a section on frequently used mathematical techniques, as well as statistical mechanics.
Some of the topics covered include:
• diffusion of free particles on the basis of the Langevin equation
•the separation of time, length and angular scales;
• the fundamental Fokker-Planck and Smoluchowski equations derived for interacting particles
• friction of spheres and rods, and hydrodynamic interaction of spheres (including three body interactions)
• diffusion, sedimentation, critical phenomena and phase separation kinetics
• experimental light scattering results.
For universities and research departments in industry this textbook makes vital reading.
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 1996
- 20th May 1996
- Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
@qu:...can be highly recommended as a textbook for interested students but as well for researchers in the strongly developing field of colloid dynamics. @source:Colloids & Polymer Science
van 't Hoff Laboratory for Physical and Colloid Chemistry, University of Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.