Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
An Applied Guide to Water and Effluent Treatment Plant Design is ideal for chemical, civil and environmental engineering students, graduates, and early career water engineers as well as more experienced practitioners who are transferring into the water sector. It brings together the design of process, wastewater, clean water, industrial effluent and sludge treatment plants, looking at the different treatment objectives within each sub-sector, selection and design of physical, chemical and biological treatment processes, and the professional hydraulic design methodologies.
This book will show you how to carry out the key steps in the process design of all kinds of water and effluent treatment plants. It provides an essential refresher on the relevant underlying principles of engineering science, fluid mechanics, water chemistry and biology, together with a thorough description of the heuristics and rules of thumb commonly used by experienced practitioners. The water treatment plant designer will also find specific advice on plant layout, aesthetics, economic considerations and related issues such as odor control.
The information contained in this book is usually provided on the job by mentors so it will remain a vital resource throughout your career.
- Explains how to design water and effluent treatment plants that really work
- Accessible introduction to, and overview of, the area that is written from a process engineering perspective
- Covers new treatment technologies and the whole process, from treatment plant design, to commissioning
Graduate students and early career researchers in chemical engineering, plant designers
1. The Nature of Water and Effluent Treatment Plant Design
2. Water Chemistry
4. Engineering Science of Water Treatment Unit Operations
5. Fluid Mechanics
6. Clean Water Characterization and Treatment Objectives
7. Clean Water Unit Operation Design Physical Processes
8. Clean Water Unit Operation Design Chemical Processes
9. Clean Water Unit Operation Design Biological Processes
10. Clean Water Hydraulics
11. Dirty Water Characterization and Treatment Objectives
12. Dirty Water Unit Operation Design Physical Processes
13. Dirty Water Unit Operation Design Chemical Processes
14. Dirty Water Unit Operation Design Biological Processes
15. Dirty Water Hydraulics
16. Industrial Effluent Characterization and Treatment Objectives
17. Industrial Effluent Treatment Unit Operation Design Physical Processes
18. Industrial Effluent Treatment Unit Operation Design Chemical Processes
19. Industrial Effluent Treatment Unit Operation Design Biological Processes
20. Industrial Effluent Treatment Hydraulics
21. Sludge Characterization and Treatment Objectives
22. Sludge Treatment Unit Operation Design Physical Processes
23. Sludge Treatment Unit Operation Design Chemical Processes
24. Sludge Treatment Unit Operation Design Biological Processes
25. Sludge Treatment Hydraulics
26. Ancillary Processes
27. Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Layout
28. Classic Mistakes in Water and Effluent Treatment Plant Design and Operation
29. Troubleshooting Wastewater Treatment Plants
30. Water Feature Design
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 5th June 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Doctor Moran is a chemical engineer, chartered engineer, chartered waste and environment manager with almost thirty years’ experience in process design, commissioning and troubleshooting. He started his career with international process engineering contractors and worked worldwide on water treatment projects before setting up his own consultancy in 1996, specializing in process and hydraulic design, commissioning and troubleshooting of industrial effluent and water treatment plants. Sean was until 2015 an Associate Professor at the University of Nottingham, where he coordinated the design teaching program for chemical engineering students. He has now returned to engineering practice, specializing in forensic engineering in commercial disputes centering on plant design issues
Fellow of the Institution of Engineering and Technology, Fellow of the Society of Professional Engineers, Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, Member of the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.