Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Ambient Ionization Mass Spectrometry in Life Sciences: Principles and Applications is a systematic introduction to this rapidly expanding area of study. Underlying principles of each technique are explained in detail, along with discussions on their applications across life science disciplines. Ambient ionization has recently emerged as one of the hottest and fastest growing topics in mass spectrometry, hence this book is not just for analysts and researchers who use and study mass spectrometry. This volume would be of interest to anyone who works in or studies analytical chemistry, omics sciences (including metabolomics), pharmacokinetics, forensic science or drug analysis.
- Covers the most up-to-date techniques, including DART, DCBI, DESI, PESI, PSI, REIMS and laser-based ambient ionization
- Includes easy-to-understand pros and cons of each ionization technique to aid in decision-making
- Provides plentiful examples of life science applications
Professional analysts and researchers using or studying mass spectrometry, analytical chemistry, omics sciences (including metabolomics), pharmacokinetics, forensic science and drug analysis. Undergraduate/graduate students in chemistry, pharmacy, and engineering courses, postdoctoral fellows and teaching staff in life science departments of academic fields, researchers in pharmacokinetics departments of pharmaceutical companies, forensic toxicologists in forensic medicine departments of academic fields and forensics labs
- Introduction to Ambient Ionization Mass Spectrometry
2. Direct Analysis in Real Time
3. Desorption Corona Beam Ionization
4. DESI-based Imaging Mass Spectrometry in Forensic Science and Clinical Diagnosis
5. Ambient Laser-based Mass Spectrometry Analysis Methods: A Survey of Core Technologies and Reported Applications
6. Probe Electrospray Ionization/Mass Spectrometry and Its Applications to the Life Sciences
7. Design and Construction of Paper-Spray Ionization/Mass Spectrometry
8. Rapid Evaporative Ionization Mass Spectrometry
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 7th November 2019
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Kei Zaitsu is an associate professor at Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine. He received his PhD in 2009 from Doshisha University. In 2014, he became the principal investigator of a new research unit, In Vivo Real-time Omics Laboratory, for the advancement of new and undeveloped fields, which was created under the Institute for Advanced Research at Nagoya University. His main research interests focus on the development of new analytical methods using ambient ionization mass spectrometry and the application of MS-based metabolomics to life sciences. He has published both reviews and peer-reviewed papers, and he has authored four books.
In Vivo Real-time Omics Laboratory, Institute for Advanced Research, Nagoya University, Japan