Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- A New Approach: Replacement and Alternative Foods for Food Industry
2. Home Meal Replacement Regimen for Various Age Groups
3. Concerns over dietary supplements, their quality, use and general safety
4. Relevant aspects in the development of extruded high-protein snacks: An alternative to reduce global undernourishment
5. Natural antioxidants and food applications: healthy perspectives
6. The latest boom on food market goes back to ancient times: Vegan nutrition in sports and exercise – the healthy athlete
7. Trends and possibilities of the use of probiotics in food production
8. Nutraceuticals in alternative and underutilized fruits as functional food ingredients: ancient species for new health needs
9. Designer and functional food lipids in dietary regimes: Current trends and future prospects
10. Single-Cell Protein as a Source of Biologically Active Ingredients for the Formulation of Anti-Obesity Foods
11. Annatto carotenoids as additives replacers in meat products
12. Gluten-free bakery products
13. Potential of novel bioactive peptides as functional food ingredients in preventing cardiovascular disease
14. Methods to improve the quality of plant and animal by-products used as alternative protein sources to fish meal in aquafeeds
15. Alternative Proteins and Pseudocereals in the Development of Gluten-Free Pasta
Alternative and Replacement Foods, Volume 17, a volume in the Handbook of Food Bioengineering series, presents the most up-to-date research on synthetic and replacement food components for scientists and researchers. The book helps them understand the significant impact of these foods on the length and quality of life of consumers. It presents a solid resource that brings together multidisciplinary research and its relationship to various disciplines. Readers will find a broad range of potential outcomes discussed, such as food safety, human and animal health benefits, and the development of new and novel foods through the bio-fortification of nutrients in foods.
- Discusses how specialty food products improve diet and heath
- Summarizes advances in dietary supplements, probiotics and nutraceuticals
- Includes research advances on snacks, vegan diets, gluten-free foods and more
- Provides identification and research studies on anti-obesity foods
- Presents information on alternative protein sources
Food scientists and researchers in the dietetics area, individuals dealing with food policy, and undergrad and postgrad students in food engineering, biotechnology, emerging technologies, safety issues and quality control
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 9th March 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Grumezescu is Assistant Professor at the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, in the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, with a second affiliation to the Faculty of Medical Engineering, at the Politehnica University of Bucharest in Romania. He is an experienced and oft-published researcher and editor in the field of nano and biomaterials, and he is the Editor-in-Chief of three journals: Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Letters and Applied NanoBioScience, and Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin. He also serves as editor or guest editor for several notable journals. Dr. Grumezescu has published 150 peer-reviewed papers, 20 book chapters, 6 co-authored books and 11 edited books.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science and Faculty of Medical Engineering, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania
Alina-Maria Holban is a lecturer in Microbiology and Immunology, at the Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest; and associate researcher at the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. Her primary area of research is the development of bionanomaterials with antimicrobial applications. Dr. Holban has published 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 42 conference/symposia proceedings, and has edited more than 21 edited books.
Botany and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest, Romania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.