The only book featuring nursing care plans for all core clinical areas, Swearingen's All-In-One Nursing Care Planning Resource, 4th Edition provides 100 care plans with the nursing diagnoses and interventions you need to know to care for patients in all settings. It includes care plans for medical-surgical, maternity/OB, pediatrics, and psychiatric-mental health, so you can use just one book throughout your entire nursing curriculum. This edition includes a new care plan addressing normal labor and birth, a new full-color design, new QSEN safety icons, new quick-reference color tabs, and updates reflecting the latest NANDA-I nursing diagnoses and collaborative problems. Edited by nursing expert Pamela L. Swearingen, this book is known for its clear approach, easy-to-use format, and straightforward rationales.
- NANDA-I nursing diagnoses are incorporated throughout the text to keep you current with NANDA-I terminology and the latest diagnoses.
- Color-coded sections for medical-surgical, maternity, pediatric, and psychiatric-mental health nursing care plans make it easier to find information quickly.
- A consistent format for each care plan allows faster lookup of topics, with headings for Overview/Pathophysiology, Health Care Setting, Assessment, Diagnostic Tests, Nursing Diagnoses, Desired Outcomes, Interventions with Rationales, and Patient-Family Teaching and Discharge Planning.
- Prioritized nursing diagnoses are listed in order of importance and physiologic patient needs.
- A two-column format for nursing assessments/interventions and rationales makes it easier to scan information.
- Detailed rationales for each nursing intervention help you to apply concepts to specific patient situations in clinical practice.
- Outcome criteria with specific timelines help you to set realistic goals for nursing outcomes and provide quality, cost-effective care.
PART I: MEDICAL-SURGICAL NURSING CARE PLANS
Section 1: General Care Plans
1. Cancer Care
3. Perioperative Care
4. Prolonged Bedrest
5. Psychosocial Support
6. Psychosocial Support for the Patient's Family and Significant Other
7. Older Adult Care
8. Palliative and End-of-Life Care
Section 2: Respiratory Care Plans
9. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
12. Pulmonary Embolus
13. Pulmonary Tuberculosis
14. Respiratory Failure, Acute
Section 3: Cardiovascular Care Plans
16. Atherosclerotic Arterial Occlusive Disease
17. Cardiac and Noncardiac Shock (Circulatory Failure)
18. Cardiac Surgery
19. Coronary Artery Disease
20. Dysrhythmias and Conduction Disturbances
21. Heart Failure
23. Pulmonary Hypertension
24. Venous Thrombosis/Thrombophlebitis
Section 4: Renal-Urinary Care Plans
25. Renal Failure, Acute
26. Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy
27. Chronic Kidney Disease
28. Care of the Patient Undergoing Hemodialysis
29. Care of the Patient Undergoing Peritoneal Dialysis
30. Care of the Renal Transplant Recipient
31. Ureteral Calculi
32. Urinary Diversions
33. Urinary Tract Obstruction
Section 5: Neurologic Care Plans
34. General Care of Patients with Neurologic Disorders
35. Bacterial Meningitis
36. Guillain-Barré Syndrome
37. Intervertebral Disk Disease
38. Multiple Sclerosis
40. Seizures and Epilepsy
41. Spinal Cord Injury
43. Traumatic Brain Injury
Section 6: Endocrine Care Plans
44. Diabetes Insipidus
45. Diabetes Mellitus
46. Diabetic Ketoacidosis
47. Hyperosmolar Hyperglycemic Nonketotic Syndrome
50. Syndrome of Inappropriate Antidiuretic Hormone
- No. of pages:
- © Mosby 2016
- 2nd February 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: