- Content adapted from Alexander's Care of the Surgical Patient, 14th Edition provides comprehensive procedural coverage optimized for your specific needs as a surgical technologist.
- Surgical Technologist Considerations boxes detail practical strategies for applying chapter content to specialty procedures.
- Complete pre-op set up, draping, and other instructions for each procedure equip you to confidently perform all of the duties of surgical technologist in the OR setting.
- Chapter Outlines, Learning Objectives, and Chapter Summaries help you study chapter content more effectively.
- Review questions in the text and case studies on Evolve reinforce key concepts and encourage critical thinking.
- OR Live links on Evolve direct you to step-by-step procedure videos for commonly performed procedures.
- More than 700 full-color illustrations clarify surgical anatomy, instrumentation, procedures, and methods.
- Surgical Pharmacology tables provide quick, convenient access to generic/trade names, purpose/description, and pharmacokinetics for drugs most commonly associated with each specific surgical procedure.
- Cutting-edge content reflects the latest interventions and patient care techniques in surgical practice.
- Geriatric Consideration boxes help you manage surgical challenges unique to geriatric patients.
- Patient Safety boxes alert you to recent Joint Commission safety initiatives to ensure safe performance of key tasks.
Chapter 1: Importance of the Surgical Technologist on the Surgical Team
Chapter 2: Gastrointestinal Surgery
Chapter 3: Surgery of the Liver, Biliary Tract, Pancreas and Spleen
Chapter 4: Repair of the Hernia
Chapter 5: Gynecologic and Obstetric Surgery
Chapter 6: Genitourinary Surgery
Chapter 7: Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery
Chapter 8: Breast Surgery
Chapter 9: Ophthalmic Surgery
Chapter 10 Otorhinolaryngologic
Chapter 11 Orthopedic Surgery
Chapter 12 Neurosurgery
Chapter 13: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Chapter 14: Thoracic Surgery
Chapter 15: Vascular Surgery
Chapter 16 Cardiac Surgery
Chapter 17: Pediatric Surgery
Chapter 18: Trauma Surgery and Emergency Preparedness