The third edition of Air and Gas Drilling Manual describes the basic simulation models for drilling deep wells with air or gas drilling fluids, gasified two-phase drilling fluids, and stable foam drilling fluids. The models are the basis for the development of a systematic method for planning under balanced deep well drilling operations and for monitoring the drilling operation as well as construction project advances.
Air and Gas Drilling Manual discusses both oil and natural gas industry applications, and geotechnical (water well, environmental, mining) industry applications. Important well construction and completion issues are discussed for all applications.
The engineering analyses techniques are used to develop pre-operations planning methods, troubleshooting operations monitoring techniques and overall operations risk analysis. The essential objective of the book is drilling and well construction cost management control. The book is in both SI and British Imperial units.
- Master the air and gas drilling techniques in construction and development of water wells, monitoring wells, geotechnical boreholes, mining operations boreholes and more
- 30% of all wells drilled use gas and air, according to the U.S. Department of Energy estimates
- Contains basic simulation equations with examples for direct and reverse circulation drilling models and examples for air and gas, gasified fluids, and stable foam drilling models
Petroleum engineers, mining engineers, drilling engineers
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 2009
- 8th December 2008
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, New Mexico
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, New Mexico, USA