1. An Empirical Investigation of the Reward Incentive and Trip Purposes on Departure Time Behavior Change
2. Planning Sustainable Transport Systems by Promoting Urban Cycling in Moscow, Russia: Learning from International Experience
3. Past, Present and Future of Transit-Oriented Development in three European Capital City Regions
4. Institutional Influences on the Development of Urban Freight Transport Policies by Local Authorities
5. Rethinking of Parking Policies for the new Transport Planning Era. Two Study Cases from UK and Italy
6. Public Policies in Freight and Logistics Systems
7. Evaluation of the Enabling Policies for Mobility-as-a-Service in West Midlands, UK
8. Why do some BRT Systems in the Global South fail to Perform or Expand?
Minh Hieu NGUYEN and Dorina Pojani
9. Europe’s freight transport policy, White Paper 2001 to White Paper 2011 and beyond
10. Integrated Multilevel Measures for the Transformation to a Transit Metropolis–The Successful and Unsuccessful Practices in Beijing
11. Assessing Safety Implications of Bus Priority Systems: A Case-study of the new BRT System in Haifa Metropolitan Area
12. Transport Policy for Carbon Emissions: Lessons Learned and Future Perspectives
This book brings together and assess the successful, but also the unsuccessful practices and policies from around the world, learn from these experience, and prepare the ground for the new era in transport sector, this of autonomous and connected vehicles.
- The objective of this book is to provide policy makers, planners, and researchers, documentation and lessons learned from various experience around the world to help them design a more sustainable transportation system for the future taking into account societal and technological changes.
Academics, both professors and students, to policy makers, and practitioners
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 1st September 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Yoram Shiftan is a Profesor of Civil and Environmental Engineering in the Technion, and the head of Technion Transportation Research Institute. Prof. Shiftan teaches and conducts research in travel behavior with a focus on activity-based modeling and response to policies and emergency situations, the complex relationships between transport, the environment and land use, transport economics and project evaluation. Prof. Shiftan is the editor of Transport Policy and was the chair of the International Association of Travel Behavior Research (IATBR). Prof. Shiftan received his Ph.D. from MIT and since then has published dozens of papers and co-edited four books.
Technion Transportation Research Institute, Israel
Maria Kamargianni is a Professor at the University College London, UK.
Professor, University College London, UK