1. Sequence Stratigraphy: Guidelines for a Standard Methodology
2. Sequence Stratigraphy and Geologic Time
Andrew D. Miall
3. Two Approaches to Sequence Stratigraphy
Ashton F. Embry and Erik P. Johannessen
4. Conceptual Models for Sequence Stratigraphy of Continental Rift Successions
Holz M., Vilas-Boas D.B., Troccoli E.B., Santana V.C.V. and Souza P.A.
5. Ordovician Sequence Stratigraphy of the Siberian and Russian Platforms
6. Upper Devonian Biostratigraphy, Event Stratigraphy, and Late Frasnsian Kellwasser Extinction Bioevents in the Iowa Basin: Western Euramerica
Jed Day and Brian J. Witzke
7. Challenging Darwin: Evolution of Triassic Conodonts and Their Struggle for Life in a Changing World
Ali M. Kiliç, Pablo Plasencia, Jean Guex and Francis Hirsch
8. A Facies-Independent Trans-European Anisian–Ladinian Marker Horizon? Significance and Impact for Sequence Stratigraphy and Intra-Tethyan Correlation
Annette E. Götz and Michael Montenari
9. Integrated Stratigraphy of Triassic and Jurassic Formations in the Central Oman Mountains: A Synopsis
Markus Schlaich, Michael Obermaier, Daniel Bendias and Thomas Aigner
Advances in Sequence Stratigraphy, Volume Two covers current research across a wide range of stratigraphic disciplines, providing information on the most recent developments for the geoscientific research community. Chapters in this volume include Sequence Stratigraphy – Oman, Sequence Stratigraphy and diagenesis, Sequence Stratigraphy of Siliciclastic Systems, Upper Devonian Biostratigraphy, Event Stratigraphy and Late Fransian Kellwasser Extinction Bio-events in the Iowa Basin: Western Euramerica, Sea-level change and Sequence Stratigraphy, Sequence Stratigraphy: A Material-based Approach Versus A Time-Based Approach, and Anisian-Ladinian marker horizon: Implications for sequence stratigraphy and intra-tethyan correlation.
This fully commissioned review publication aims to foster and convey progress in stratigraphy, including geochronology, magnetostratigraphy, lithostratigraphy, event-stratigraphy, isotope stratigraphy, astrochronology, climatostratigraphy, seismic stratigraphy, biostratigraphy, ice core chronology, cyclostratigraphy, palaeoceanography, sequence stratigraphy, and more.
- Contains contributions from leading authorities in the field
- Informs and updates on all the latest developments in the field
- Aims to foster and convey progress in stratigraphy, including geochronology, magnetostratigraphy, lithostratigraphy, event-stratigraphy, and more
Academic and applied geoscientists in universities, industry and government; economic geologists, instructors and earth scientists
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2017
- 16th October 2017
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Michael Montenari works at the Earth Sciences and Geography Department, Keele University.
Earth Sciences and Geography Department, Keele University, Newcastle, UK