1. The Lipid Bilayer Principle: A Historic Perspective and some Highlights (A. Ottova, H.T. Tien).
2. Dipole Potential of Bilayer Membranes (E.E. Pohl).
3. Studying Calcium Channels from the Plasma Membrane of Plant Root Cells in Planar Lipid Bilayers (P.J. White).
4. Ion Permeability Induced in Planar Lipid Bilayer Membranes by Quinone Derived from Eukaryotic Microorganisms (Yoshinori Muto, Kyoshi Kawai).
5. Sensitized Photoinactivation of Gramacidin Channels: Technique and Applications (Y.N. Antonenko, E.A. Kotova).
6. The Photoreceptor Membranes a Model System in the Study of Biological Signal Transduction (T. Huber, T.P. Sakmar).
7. Channels Formed in Planar Lipid Bilayers by Amyloid Peptides (B.L. Kagan et al.).
8. Design and Application of Planar Bilayer Lipid Membranes Containing Biological Ion Channels for Chemical Sensing (Masao Sugawara, Ayumi Hirano).
9. 2D-Protein Crystals (S-Layers) as Support for Lipid Membranes (B. Schuster, U.B. Sleytr).
10. High Frequency Love Acoustic Waves and their Application to the Study of Supported Lipid Bilayers and Membrane-related Events (E. Gizeli, K. Melzak).