Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Current perspectives in liposome-encapsulated hemoglobin as oxygrn carrier, Agashe, Awasthi,
2. Electric conductance of planar lipid bilayer as a tool for the study of membrane pore selectivity and blockade, Antonov, Norik, Smirnova
3. Physiochemical and pharmacokinetic characterization of ultradeformable vesicles using calcein as hydrophilic fluorescent marker, Bahia et al
4.Electrical methods for determining surface charge density and electrolyte composition at the lipid bilayer solution interface. Laver
5. Micropatterned lipid bilayer membranes on solid sub strates, Morigaki
6. Salt-induced morphological transitions in non-equimolar catanionic systems: spontaneous formation of blastulae aggregates, Vlachy, Touraud, Kunz
7. Transformation between liposomes and cubic phases of biological lipid membranes induced by modulation of electrostatic interactions, Yamazaki
8.The impact of astrocytes in the clearance of neurotransmitters by uptake and inactivation, Krzan
9. Stability of the inverted hexagonal phase, Iglic et al
10. Attraction of like-charged surfaces mediated by spheroidal nanoparticles with spatially distributed electric charge, Iglic et al
Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes, Volume 9, continues to include invited chapters on a broad range of topics, covering both main arrangements of the reconstituted system, namely planar lipid bilayers and spherical liposomes. The invited authors present the latest results in this exciting multidisciplinary field of their own research group.
Many of the contributors working in both fields over many decades were in close collaboration with the late Prof. H. Ti Tien, the founding editor of this book series. There are also chapters written by some of the younger generation of scientists included in this series. This volume keeps in mind the broader goal with both systems, planar lipid bilayers and spherical liposomes, which is the further development of this interdisciplinary field worldwide.
- Incorporates contributions from newcomers and established and experienced researchers
Explores the planar lipid bilayer systems and spherical liposomes from both theoretical and experimental perspectives
Serves as an indispensable source of information for new scientists
Chemical Engineers, physical chemists, biologists and biochemists, biochemical engineers
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2009
- 27th August 2009
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.