Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. The Potential Impact of Hydrocarbons on Mussels in Port au Port Bay, Newfoundland
Melissa C. Cook, Adam May, Lucas Kohl, Geert Van Biesen, Christopher C. Parrish and Penny L. Morrill
2. Occurrence, Impact, Analysis and Treatment of Metformin and Guanylurea in Coastal Aquatic Environments of Canada, USA and Europe
Yunwen Tao, Bing Chen, Baiyu Zhang, Zhiwen Zhu and Qinhong Cai
3. Characterization of Nitrogen-Containing Polycyclic Aromatic Heterocycles in Crude Oils and Refined Petroleum Products
Gong Zhang, Chun Yang, Mariam Serhan, Graeme Koivu, Zeyu Yang, Bruce Hollebone, Patrick Lambert and Carl E. Brown
4. Fate and Transport Modelling of Emerging Pollutants from Watersheds to Oceans: A Review
Arpana Rani Datta, Qiao Kang, Bing Chen and Xudong Ye
5. Modification of Hexachlorobenzene to Molecules with Lower Long-Range Transport Potentials Using 3D-QSAR Models with a Full Factor Experimental Design
Meijin Du, Wenwen Gu, Xixi Li, Fuqiang Fan and Yu Li
6. Brominated Flame Retardants, Microplastics, and Biocides in the Marine Environment: Recent Updates of Occurrence, Analysis, and Impacts
Weiyun Lin, Xixi Li, Min Yang, Kenneth Lee, Bing Chen and Baiyu Zhang
7. Synthetic Musks: A Class of Commercial Fragrance Additives in Personal Care Products (PCPs) Causing Concern as Emerging Contaminants
Xixi Li, Zhenhua Chu, Jiawen Yang, Minghao Li, Meijin Du, Xiaohui Zhao, Zhiwen Zhu and Yu Li
Advances in Marine Biology, Volume 81, the latest release in this acclaimed series published since 1963, updates on many topics that appeal to postgraduates and researchers in marine biology, fisheries science, ecology, zoology and biological oceanography, with this release presenting chapters on The Impact of Hydrocarbon Contamination on the Scallop Fishery in Port au Port Bay, Newfoundland, Pharmaceutical and personal care products in marine and coastal environments: facts, challenges and opportunities, Modeling of the Marathassa Oil Spill in the Vancouver Harbour, Characterization of Nitrogen Containing Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) in Crude Oil and Refined Petroleum Products, and much more.
- Reviews articles on the latest advances in marine biology
- Authored by leading figures in their respective fields of study
- Presents materials that are widely used by managers, students and academic professionals in the marine sciences
Postgraduates and researchers in marine biology, fisheries science, ecology, zoology, oceanography
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 26th November 2018
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Charles Sheppard holds a half-time position of Professor in the School of Life Sciences at The University of Warwick, UK. The remainder of his time he works for a range of UN , Governmental and aid agencies in tropical marine and coastal development issues. He advises several governments on marine and coastal management and science, including the UK Government on its tropical Overseas Territories. He has organised and led the scientific input to the 2010 creation of the world's largest fully protected marine researce, in the Chagos archipelago, Indian Ocean, where a lot of his research has been focussed. The other main geographical area of research is the Arabian region. PhD University of Durham 1976.
School of Life Sciences, The University of Warwick, UK