Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. ‘Light’ industry: an introduction to laser processing and its industrial applications
2. The challenges ahead for laser macro, micro and nano manufacturing
3. Laser fusion cutting of difficult materials
4. Laser-assisted glass cleaving
5. Laser dicing of silicon and electronics substrates
6. Laser machining of carbon fibre-reinforced plastic composites
7. Understanding and improving process control in pulsed and continuous wave laser welding
8. Laser microspot welding in electronics production
9. Laser Hybrid Welding
10. Influencing the weld pool during laser welding
11. Laser transformation hardening of steel
12. Pulsed laser annealing technology for nanoscale fabrication of silicon-based devices in semicondoctors
13. Laser-Induced Forward Transfer Techniques and Applications
14. Production of biomaterial coatings by laser-assisted processes
15. Thick metallic coatings produced by coaxial and side laser cladding: processing and properties
16. Laser consolidation: a rapid manufacturing process for making net-shape functional components
17. Lasers for additive manufacturing
18. Laser micro/nano-fabrication techniques and their applications in electronics
19. Laser processing of direct-write nano-sized materials
20. Micro- and nano-parts generated by laser-based solid freeform fabrication
21. Laser-assisted additive fabrication of micro-sized coatings
22. Multiphysics modelling of laser solid freeform fabrication techniques
23. Process control of laser materials processing
24. Experimental Design
25. Microstructural Characterization and Mechanical Reliability of Laser-Machined Structures
Advances in Laser Materials Processing: Technology, Research and Application, Second Edition, provides a revised, updated and expanded overview of the area, covering fundamental theory, technology and methods, traditional and emerging applications and potential future directions.
The book begins with an overview of the technology and challenges to applying the technology in manufacturing. Parts Two thru Seven focus on essential techniques and process, including cutting, welding, annealing, hardening and peening, surface treatments, coating and materials deposition.
The final part of the book considers the mathematical modeling and control of laser processes. Throughout, chapters review the scientific theory underpinning applications, offer full appraisals of the processes described and review potential future trends.
- A comprehensive practitioner guide and reference work explaining state-of-the-art laser processing technologies in manufacturing and other disciplines
- Explores challenges, potential, and future directions through the continuous development of new, application-specific lasers in materials processing
- Provides revised, expanded and updated coverage
Professionals, graduate students and academic researchers in the areas of mechanical, electrical, electronic, civil and medical materials and engineering; graduate and post-graduate researchers in physics; academics and professionals with an interest in metallurgy biomaterials engineering, orthopaedic surgery and dentistry
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 20th September 2017
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Professor Jonathan Lawrence is Director of the Laser Engineering and Manufacturing Group at Coventry University, and Editor-in-Chief of Lasers in Engineering and International Journal of Laser Science: Fundamental Theory and Analytical Methods. His work has attracted over £5M in research funding and yielded six patents. He has published eight books and over 140 journal papers.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.