* Contains the latest research covering a wide variety of heterocyclic topics
* Written by leading authorities and designed as a handbook for students and industry and academic researchers
Volume 94 of Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry commences with a review of cascade reactions on heterocyclic synthesis. The chapter presents a fascinating array of complex sequences which provide efficient routes to a wide variety of heterocyclic systems.
The second chapter is the twelfth in the series on the organic chemistry of heterocyclic ligands in metallic complexes. The present contribution deals with the chemistry of polypyridine ligands in organomanganese and organorhenium complexes. Its current importance can be measured by the fact that, of the nearly 700 references, approximately half date from the last 10 years. Preparation of aminoisoxazoles and their utility in the synthesis of condensed systems are also covered.
In the final chapter, isothiazolium salts and their use in synthesis are reviewed. Many condensed S,N-heterocyclic systems are described in this, the first review dedicated to this topic.
Table of Contents
- 1. The definitive serial in the field - since 1960 (Valerii V. Mezheritskii)
2. Pyrazol-3-ones. Part III: Reactivity of the Ring Substituents (GEORGE VARVOUNIS, YIANNIS FIAMEGOS AND GEORGE PILIDIS)
3. Recent Progress in 1,2,4-Triazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine Chemistry (GUNTHER FISCHER)
4. Organometallic Chemistry of Polypyridine Ligands III (Alexander P. Sadimenko)
- No. of pages: 278
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2008
- Published: February 4, 2008
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080560366
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780123742728
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Advances in Heterocyclic Chemistry"