- Critically analyzes future directions for the study of clinical genetics
- Written and edited by recognized leaders in the field
- Presents new medical breakthroughs that are occurring as a result of advances in our knowledge of genetics
Table of Contents
1. Preface- Clinical applications of cancer genetics and genomics
2. Epigenetic mutations in childhood tumours- the paradigm of Wilms tumour
3. Preventive population genomics-the model of BRCA related cancers
4. Recent advances of PARP inhibitors in medical oncology
5. Role of single cell and liquid biopsy in cancer research and clinical applications
6. Recent advances and clinical utility of prostate cancer genomics
7. Recent advances in lung cancer genomics- applications in targeted therapy
- No. of pages: 396
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2021
- Published: November 16, 2021
- Imprint: Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780128237854
- eBook ISBN: 9780128237861
About the Editor
Professor Dhavendra Kumar is a Visiting Professor, Genomic Policy Unit, Faculty of Life Sciences and Education, The University of South Wales and Consultant in Clinical Genetics at the University Hospital of Wales, Institute of Medical Genetics, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom. He is one of the Consultants for the All Wales Medical Genetics Service and the lead Clinician for Clinical Cardiovascular Genetics. After qualifying in Medicine from the King George’s Medical College, University of Lucknow, India, he completed postgraduate training in Pediatrics with an MD. Since 1980 he has pursued a career in Medical Genetics in the UK. In 1990 he became a Diplomate of the American Board of Medical Genetics. He is a Fellow of the American College of Medical Genetics (FACMG) and as well as Royal Colleges of Physicians (FRCP-London and FRCP-Ireland) and Pediatrics and Child Health (FRCPCH-UK).
In 2015, he was conferred with the higher degree of DSc by his Alma Mater, King George’s Medical University, Lucknow (UP, India) based on his life-time contributions and achievements to genetic and genomic applications in medicine and health.
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Advances in Genetics"