Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Sol-gel technique for protective textile and clothing
2. Cold plasma coating technology for protective textiles
3. Thermo-responsive shape memory polymers for textiles
4. Fire resistant behaviour of cellulosic textile material functionalized with wastage plant bio-molecules
5. Latest progresses in wrinkle-resistant finishing of cotton with polycarboxylic acids
6. CBRN textiles: current scenario and the way forward
7. Smart conductive textiles
8. Aroma textiles
9. Imparting self-cleaning ability in textiles
10. Advanced nano fibrous membranes as personal use colorimetric sensors for toxic chemicals
11. Advanced UV protection agents for protective textiles and clothing
12. Advanced bulletproof, stab and spike resistant textiles
13. Medical textiles
14. Advanced insect repellent agents for protective textiles and clothing
15. Application of silk and its proteins in bio-medical applications
16. Advanced flame retardant agents for protective textiles and clothing
17. Energy generating textile
18. Advanced EMI shielding textiles and clothing
19. Textile-based energy storage
20. The recent advances in nanotechnologies for textile functionalisation
21. Sustainable colorants for protective textiles
Advances in Functional and Protective Textiles explores the latest research in the use of textile materials for protective clothing. The book’s international roster of researchers in industry and academia describe innovative applications in defense, medical, sports, fire protection, radiation protection, and more. This book is an invaluable resource for readers seeking to produce textiles with self-cleaning, antimicrobial, super-hydrophobic, UV-protective, insect repellant, flame retardant or anti-felting properties. Particular attention is given to textile fibers, including cotton, wool, viscose, and other synthetic fibers whose properties solve many problems. Sustainable approaches to the processing of textiles for protective properties are also addressed, as are hazards.
- Introduces the advanced testing and modeling methods that are necessary for the production of protective textiles
- Describes the properties of the latest advanced chemicals and materials used to make protective textiles and clothing
- Covers every step in the development of protective clothing, from the engineering of novel materials, to advanced fabrication methodologies and applications
Researchers in academia and industry working with health care textiles, color chemistry, polymers, chemical processing of textiles, antimicrobial coatings, and nano finishing
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2020
- 11th June 2020
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Shahid-ul-Islam is a Principal Project Scientist at the Department of Textile & Fibre Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT). He has received several academic awards including the Fulbright Nehru-Postdoc by USIEF. His areas of interest are surface modification of polymers and textiles, novel sustainable textile chemical processing, natural colorant chemistry, smart materials, nano finishing, and development of protective textiles.
Principal Project Scientist, Department of Textile and Fiber Engineering, IIT Delhi, India
B. S. Butola is a Professor at the Department of Textiles & Fibre Engineering, IIT Delhi. His research interests include functionalization of textiles with metal oxides, use of shear thickening fluids for improving the impact performance of ballistic textiles, polymeric nanocomposites and smart colorants.
Professor, Department of Textile and Fiber Engineering, IIT Delhi, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.