Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Chapter One: Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition Impact through the Feed the Future Initiative
- 1 Background
- 2 Linking Agriculture and Nutrition
- 3 The Landscape Analysis of Feed the Future Activities
- 4 Moving Forward
- 5 Conclusion
- Chapter Two: Health Benefits of Prebiotic Fibers
- 1 Prebiotic Fibers
- 2 Physiological Effects of Different Prebiotic Fibers
- 3 Nutrition and Health Claims Based on Prebiotic Fibers
- 4 Future Developments
- Chapter Three: Vegetarian Diets Across the Lifecycle: Impact on Zinc Intake and Status
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Definitions of Vegetarian Diets
- 3 Zinc Intake and Bioavailability
- 4 Mechanisms of Zinc Homeostasis
- 5 Determination of Zinc Status
- 6 Vegetarian Diets and Zinc Status in Healthy Adults
- 7 Vegetarian Diets and Zinc Status in Pregnancy and Lactation
- 8 Vegetarian Diets and Zinc Status in Children
- 9 Vegetarian Diets and Zinc Status in the Elderly
- 10 Limitations and Further Research
- 11 Conclusion
Advances in Food and Nutrition Research recognizes the integral relationship between the food and nutritional sciences and brings together outstanding and comprehensive reviews that highlight this relationship. Contributions detail scientific developments in the broad areas of food science and nutrition and are intended to provide those in academia and industry with the latest information on emerging research in these constantly evolving sciences.
- The latest important information for food scientists and nutritionists
- Peer-reviewed articles by a panel of respected scientists
- The go-to series since 1948
Food scientists in academia and industry and professional nutritionists and dietitians.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2015
- 22nd January 2015
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences, Brenner Center for Molecular Medicine, Singapore
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.