- Reviews advances in improving the retardancy of materials
- Addresses key environmental issues
- Examines fire testing issues and regulations and the challenges involved
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Advances in fire retardant materials: Flame retardancy of textiles: New approaches; Developments in phosphorus flame retardants; Halogen-free flame retardants; Nanocomposites I: Current developments in nanocomposites as novel flame retardants; Nanocomposites II: Potential applications of nanocomposite-based flame retardant systems; Flame retardant/resistant textile coatings and laminates; Environmentally-friendly flame resistant textiles; Recycling and disposal of flame retardant materials. Part 2 Testing, regulation and assessing the benefits of fire retardant materials: Challenges in fire testing: A tester’s viewpoint; Challenges in fire testing: Reaction to fire tests and assessment of fire toxicity; New and potential flammability regulations; Life cycle assessment of consumer products with a focus on fire performance. Part 3 Applications of fire retardant materials: The risks and benefits of flame retardants in consumer products; Composites having improved fire resistance; Improving the fire safety of road vehicles; Firefighters’ protective clothing; Fire protection in military fabrics; Flame retardant materials for maritime and naval applications; Materials with reduced flammability in aerospace and aviation.
- No. of pages: 632
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2008
- Published: September 19, 2008
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845695071
About the Editors
A R Horrocks
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Advances in Fire Retardant Materials"