This volume of the Advances in Engineering Fluid Mechanics Series covers topics in hydrodynamics related to polymerization of elastomers and plastics. Emphasis is given to advanced concepts in multiphase reactor systems often used in the manufacturing of products. This volume is comprised of 30 chapters that address key subject areas such as multiphase mixing concepts, multicomponet reactors and the hydrodynamics associated with their operations, and slurry flow behavior associated with non-Newtonian flows.
CONTRIBUTORS TO THIS VOLUME viii; PREFACE xii; 1. The Viscosity of Liquid Hydrocarbons and their Mixtures 1; S. I. Sandler and H. Orbey
- Experimental Studies for Characterization of Mixing; Mechanisms 25 J. K. Kim; 3. Physical Modeling of Axial Mixing in Slugging; Gas-Liquid Columns 49; J. R. F. Guedes de Carvalho, J. B. L M. Campos, and J. A. S. Teixeira
- Numerical Solution of the Permeation, Sorption, and Desorption Rate Curves Incorporating the Dual-Mode; Sorption and Transport Model 67; K. Toi
- Kinematic Viscosity and Viscous Flow in Binary Mixtures; Containing Ethane-1,2-Diol 79; L. Tassi; 6. Reaction of a Continuous Mixture in a Bubbling Fluidized Bed 105; N. R. Amundson and R. Aris; 7. Fluid Dynamics of Coarse Dispersions 119; Y. A. Buyevich and S. K. Kapbasov; 8. Combustion of Single Coal Particles in Turbulent; Fluidized Beds 167; P. K. Halder; 9. Flow of Solids and Slurries in Rotary Drums 193; H. A. Nasr-EI-Din, A. Afacan, and J. H. Masliyah; 10. Gas Phase Hydrodynamics in Circulating Fluidized; Bed Risers 255; G. S. Patience, J. Chaouki, and F. Berruti; 11. Boundary Conditions Required for the CFD Simulation; of Flows in Stirred Tanks 297 S. M. Kresta
- Role of Interfacial Shear Modeling in Predicting Stability of Stratified Two-Phase Flow 317 N. Brauner and D. M. Maron 13. Water Flow through Helical Coils in Turbulent Condition 379, S. K. Das. 14. Modeling Coalescence of Bubble Clusters Rising Freely, in Low-Viscosity Liquids 405, C. W. Stewart
- Oxygen Transfer in Non-Newtonian Fluids Stirred with a Helical Ribbon Screw Impeller 431, A. Tecante, E. B. de Ia Fuente, L. Choplin, and P. A. Tan guy, 16. Modeling of the Hydrodynamic Behavior of Highly Viscous Fluids in Stirred Tanks Equipped with Two-Blade Impellers 455 C. Xuereb, M. Abid, and J. Bertrand, 17. Non-Newtonian Liquid Flow through Globe and Gate, Valves 48
- No. of pages:
- © Gulf Professional Publishing 1996
- 27th August 1996
- Gulf Professional Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Hardcover ISBN:
Nicholas P. Cheremisinoff, Ph.D. (Ch.E.) is Director of Clean Technologies and Pollution Prevention Projects at PERI (Princeton Energy Resources International, LLC, Rockville, MD). He has led hundreds of pollution prevention audits and demonstrations; training programs on modern process design practices and plant safety; environmental management and product quality programs; and site assessments and remediation plans for both public and private sector clients throughout the world. He frequently serves as expert witness on personal injury and third-party property damage litigations arising from environmental catastrophes. Dr. Cheremisinoff has contributed extensively to the literature of environmental and chemical engineering as author, co-author, or editor of 150 technical reference books, including Butterworth-Heinemann’s Handbook of Chemical Processing Equipment, and Green Profits. He holds advanced degrees in chemical engineering from Clarkson College of Technology."
Ph.D. (Ch.E.). Consulting engineer