Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. The evolution and history of gene editing technologies
Shubhchintan Randhawa and Shatakshi Sengar
2. CRISPR-Cas9: A fascinating journey from bacterial immune system to human gene editing
Munshi Azad Hossain
3. Modification of Cas9, gRNA and PAM: Key to further regulate genome editing and its applications
Rahul Gupta, Darshana Gupta, Kazi Tawsif Ahmed, Dhritiman Dey, Rajveer Singh, Snehasikta Swarnakar, V. Ravichandiran, Syamal Roy and Dipanjan Ghosh
4. CRISPR/dCas system as the modulator of gene expression
Tawsif Ahmed Kazi and Swadesh Ranjan Biswas
5. CRISPR-Cas system, antibiotic resistance and virulence in bacteria: Through a common lens
Subhasree Roy, Sharmi Naha, Ankur Rao and Sulagna Basu
6. Trends in CRISPR-Cas9 technology application in cancer
Subhadip Mukhopadhyay and Sujit Kumar Bhutia
7. Mitochondrial DNA modification by CRISPR/Cas system: Challenges and future direction
Rajalakshmi Prakash and Anbarasu Kannan
8. Immune responses to CRISPR-Cas protein
9. CRISPR’s got some nerves: Application of CRISPR-Cas systems in neuroscience
Deepro Bonnerjee and Sangram Bagh
Advances in CRISPR/Cas and related technologies, Volume 179, the latest release in this ongoing series, deals with a wide variety of research topics related to recent advancement in the genome editing techniques. Associated chapters in this new release include Challenges for Therapeutic application of CRISPR Cas techniques, Mitochondrial DNA modification by CRISPR Cas System: Challenges and future direction, Trends in CRISPR Cas technology application in cancer, Modified CRISPR-Cas for next generation application, Application of CRISPR Cas in Synthetic Biology: Challenges and Scopes, History of CRISPR Cas system from bacterial Adaptive Immune System to research application, and more.
- Covers the Cas9 protein modification for reduced off-target effect
- Includes discussions on Cas9 utilization for Metabolic Engineering
- Provides information on the use of Cas9 for targeted delivery in therapeutic application
Genetic Engenderers, Synthetic Biologists, Medicine Practitioners
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 19th March 2021
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
Dr. Dipanjan Ghosh has almost 19 years of research experience in the field of Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology and genome editing. Presently Dr. Ghosh is working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Natural Products at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER)-Kolkata. After getting MSc. in Biochemistry from University of Calcutta, Dr. Ghosh went to Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur where he did his MTech in Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering and then PhD in the field of Immunology, Cancer Biology Biochemistry. In his first postdoc at University of Texas Health Science Centre at Houston he worked in the field of catalytic enzyme. He then moved to UT MD Anderson Cancer Centre, Houston TX where he gained enough experience in field of genome editing using ZFN and CRISPR Cas systems. Dr. Ghosh received DST FAST TRACK YOUNG SCIENTIST GRANT from Department of Science and Technology, India. Presently he has initiated Synthetic Biology through metabolic bioengineering at his lab and acting as leading investigator of two major funded projects (one from DBT and another one from WBDBT) in the field of CRISPR Cas mediated genome editing. Dr. Ghosh has enough experience, skill, knowledge and publication in the field of genome editing.
Assistant Professor, Department of Natural Products, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Kolkata, India
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.