Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Advances in Clean Energy Technologies presents the latest advanced approaches toward a cleaner and more sustainable energy environment. Editor Kalam Azad and his team of expert contributors focus on recent developments in the field of clean energy technologies, sustainable zero emission resources, energy efficiency and environmental sustainability, as well as clean energy policy and markets. This well-rounded reference includes an authoritative view on control and storage solutions specific to medium and large-scale industries, advanced approaches to modeling, and experimental investigations on clean energy technologies.
Those working in and researching clean energy and sustainability will obtain detailed understanding of a variety of zero emission energy production and conversion approaches, as well as important socio-economic and environmental considerations that can be applied to their own unique power generation settings.
- Presents an exclusive analysis on advanced approaches of modeling and experimental investigations of clean energy technologies, including solar, wind, ocean, and hybrid systems
- Includes an authoritative and cross-disciplinary view on energy policy and energy markets
- Helps readers develop an understanding of concepts and solutions to global issues surrounding sustainability in medium-large scale energy industries
- Offers detailed understanding of a variety of zero emission energy production and conversion approaches
Postgraduate students, researchers and academics in clean/renewable/low emission energy disciplines, energy and resource industries, policy makers and market analysts, Environmental and sustainability professionals and technologists, research centers
Section 1: Solar Energy
1. Sun is the main source of the ground's energy and power
2. Solar pv-dc nanogrid dynamic modelling polynomial computational method for maximum power point tracking
3. Solar energy systems, an approach to zero energy buildings
4. Modeling and simulation of solar-powered solid desiccant assisted cooling system for building air-conditioning: A TRNSYS perspective
Section 2: Wind Energy
5. Advancement in remote sensing of wind energy
6. Rule-based control of wind energy system integrated with battery storage for maximum output power
Section 3: Hydro Energy
7. Efficient hydro energy conversion technologies and challenges
8. Advances in mechanical frequency up-converted piezoelectric wave energy converters
Section 4: Hybrid Energy System
9. Solar-wind-hydro hybrids system for a sustainable environment
10. The importance of energy storage in solar and wind energy, hybrid renewable energy systems
11. Hybrid Solar Power System
Section 5: Clean Energy Policy and Market
12. Market and policy drivers for advancing clean energy
13. Clean energy supply and market demand analysis for a sustainable energy policy
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2021
- 1st October 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr Kalam Azad, Lecturer of Mechanical Engineering in the School of Engineering and Technology at Central Queensland University, Melbourne campus, Australia. He has a strong record of research publications and achievement in the areas of renewable energy technologies, energy conversion, and thermofluids engineering and their relevant industrial applications. His research focused on clean energy production and mitigation of environmental pollution. He has had an excellent publication track record throughout his career. He has been published about eighty scientific articles including three edited refereed books, eight book chapters, forty-seven journal articles, and twenty-four conference papers so far. His first edited book on “Clean Energy for Sustainable Development” published by Academic Press, Elsevier in 2016. His second edited book on ‘Advances in Eco-fuel for a Sustainable Environment’ has been published as a part of Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy, Elsevier in 2018. He has edited his third book on ‘Advanced Biofuels: Applications, Technologies, and Environmental Sustainability’ under Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy, Elsevier in 2019. He made significant contributions to engineering education, research, and scholarship. He published some articles in respected journals, which have high impact factors. The recognition of his research has been strongly demonstrated through a large number of citations and h-index both in Scopus and Google Scholar. He is also working as a reviewer of different renowned international journals and books. Currently, he is a member of different professional bodies throughout the world. He has been significantly contributing to the strategic research on Clean and Sustainable Energy Technologies at Central Queensland University, Australia.
The School of Engineering and Technology, Central Queensland University, Melbourne Campus, Melbourne, Australia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.