An important challenge brought to chemical engineering by new emerging technologies, in particular then by nano and bio technologies, is to deal with complex systems that cannot be dealt with and cannot be fully understood on a single scale. This volume provides a framework for thermodynamic and kinetic modeling of complex chemical systems.
* Written by leading industry experts and scholars
* Reviews and analyzes developments in the field
- Equilibrium Thermodynamic Modeling of Dissipative Macroscopic Systems - Boris M. Kaganovich, AlexanderV. Keyko. Vitaliy A. Shamansky
- Multiscale Equilibrium and Non-Equlibrium Thermodynamics in Chemical Engineering - Miroslav Grmela
- Application of Mesoscale Field-Based Models to Predict Stability of Particle Dispersions in Polymer Melts
- Prasanna K. Jog, Rakesh Srivastava, Jeffrey Weinhold, Valeriy V. Ginzburg
- Principles of Statistical Chemistry for Kinetic Modeling of Polymer Obtaining Processes - Semion Kuchanov