Advances in Carpet Manufacture
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Carpets have been made throughout the world for hundreds of years. The manufacture of carpets has evolved over time and continues to improve in all areas. This book provides an overview of the developments and innovations within this area, whilst covering the many different types of carpet that are manufactured.Advances in carpet manufacture begins by covering the different types and requirements of carpets, along with the structure and properties of the carpet fibres and yarns that are used. The remainder of the book is dedicated to the developments that have occurred in the manufacture of carpets. Topics include the advances in carpet weaving and the reduction of static in carpets. A selection of carpet types are discussed, including wool carpets, textile sports surfaces and handmade carpets.With the variety of topics covered and its international team of contributors, this book is a valuable and informative reference for technologists in the carpet and associated industries.
- Provides an overview of recent developments and innovations in carpet manufacture
- Covers the structure and properties of different carpet fibres and yarns
- Examines advances in carpet weaving
Technologists in the carpet and associated industries
Table of Contents
- Carpet types and requirements; Structure and properties of carpet fibres and yarns; Advances in carpet weaving; Developments in wool carpet manufacture; Developments in textile sports surfaces; Developments in handmade carpets: Introduction; Developments in handmade carpets: Design and manufacture; Reducing static electricity in carpets; Developments in the thermal processing of carpets.
- No. of pages: 336
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2009
- Published: March 24, 2009
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845695859
About the Editor
K K Goswami
Professor (Dr) Kamal Kanti Goswami, C.Text, FTI is the Director of the Indian Institute of Carpet Technology (IICT), in India. He is inventor of a new form of carpet backing and contributed to the introduction of a more ergonomic loom and a new knot formation technique in carpet weaving, known as the India Knot.
Affiliations and Expertise
Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, India
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Advances in Carpet Manufacture"