1. Carpet types and requirements
2. Structure and properties of carpet fibres and yarns
3. Advances in carpet weaving
4. Tufting techniques and yarn manufacture
5. Developments in wool carpet manufacture
6. Developments in handmade carpets: introduction
7. Developments in handmade carpets: design and manufacture
8. Developments in textile sports surfaces
9. Reducing static electricity in carpets
10. Developments in the thermal processing of carpets
11. Carpets for improved acoustics and sound-absorption
12. Functional carpets
13. Recycling carpet materials
Advances in Carpet Manufacture, Second Edition, discusses the manufacture of carpets, an industry that has evolved over hundreds of years, also exploring the new changes and developments in textile science and manufacturing technology that occur every day. This updated edition provides revised, expanded and updated coverage of carpet manufacturing processes and applications.
The book begins by reviewing the different types of carpets and their applications, also exploring the structure and properties of carpet materials. Carpet manufacturing techniques are then reviewed, including a new chapter on tufting and yarn manufacturing techniques, and design and manufacture for handmade carpets. Subsequent chapters review the development of carpets with important properties, including new chapters on carpets for acoustics and sound absorption, carpets with increased fire retardancy and those with antimicrobial and soil-resist finishes.
With the variety of topics covered and its international team of contributors, the book offers a valuable and informative reference for technologists in the carpet and associated industries. However, it is also a great resource for researchers and students working in applied textile sciences.
- Presented by an expert editor with many years of experience in both academic textile research and industry
- Provides new research, technologies and other developments in carpet manufacture for academics and developers seeking to update their knowledge
- Includes a strong focus on industry needs and developing areas with market potential
R&D managers, production managers and quality-control experts in the carpet manufacturing and associated industries; researchers and students working in applied textile sciences
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2018
- 1st September 2017
- Woodhead Publishing
- Hardcover ISBN:
Professor (Dr) Kamal Kanti Goswami, C.Text, FTI is the Director of the Indian Institute of Carpet Technology (IICT), in India. He is inventor of a new form of carpet backing and contributed to the introduction of a more ergonomic loom and a new knot formation technique in carpet weaving, known as the India Knot.
Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, India